Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ColinBateley
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @colinbateley

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi every one, I have been into photography since I was about 15 (now 47) and the photograph that started my passion is one of my Grandfather on his fruit and veg stall on the Lambeth Walk from about 1914 I still have the negative and plan on getting a large canvas printed. Since then I have tried my hand at many different subject types but always seem to come back to people. My favourite is street photography but can’t seem to pluck up the courage just to photograph random people. I think people are more wary nowadays and always assume the worst. Looking forward to chatting to fellow snappers on here and gain some more knowledge as you can never know enough.
        I live on the south coast of of Britain and work as a bus driver in and around Poole.

Albirder
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @albirder

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome to LightStalking, Colin. I can imagine that because you see so much of, as my mother used to say, people being people, you can have a rather keen intuition when it comes to street photography. I listen to a podcast called Street Focus that discusses issues in street photography. I keep hoping for an episode on courage, but I am not entirely certain it is teachable! We do have a member, @lennywollitz, who is doing some really nice work in street portraiture. I believe he always gets consent. I can even find it hard to ask. We have our critique forum, SharkTank, but we also have non-critique forums including the Landscape Forum, General Photo ChitChat, the Weekend Photography Challenge, various Photography Throwdowns, and my personal favorite, Mobile Monday. The non-critique forums are a fun way to get to know members and the site. I hope you will choose a forum and start posting!

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author