Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Shorebird
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @shorebird

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I got hooked the first time I saw an image printed that I had taken at age 9 with my Kodak ‘Brownie.’ It was a birthday gift that ‘went to girl scout camp with me in 1950. First photo must have been a ‘camp scene.’ For the next 60+ years–all travels were obsessively recorded with a succession of the latest ‘hot’ personal cameras. 35 mm, Polaroid, Panorama, SLR and CamCorder. Upon retirement I was given the loan of a Nikon D70 by the Civil Air Patrol and asked to photo essay their northeast region glider academies. Got published, got into shows and just had to have my own DSLR with a budget of $1200. Selected a bright red Nikon D5200 bundle after waiting 4 months for it to be released in the U.S. Later I added the mirrorless Nikon 1 J3 for fun and a Tamron 18-270 wide angle. Most recently I was gifted with a coveted Nikon f/ !:1.4G prime lens.

Tersha
        Keymaster
          • https://www.flickr.com/photos/diane_rose/
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @tersha
          • Photo of the Week Winner Icon
          • Mobile Maestro Icon
          • Contender Icon
          • Member’s Pick Icon
          • Throwdowner Icon
          Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome, @shorebird, sounds like you got some interesting shots to show us….

Shorebird
          Participant
            • Allows Edits: No
            @shorebird

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Thank you. Possibly interesting. Hope so, but I really NEED the Shark Tank. I am in a rural area with limited photography classes. I am a member of a local area camera club and it has been instructive, but, indeed there is a lot of ‘I Like’ and ‘Great shot!’ which was encouraging in the beginning and welcome, but I want some brass tacks now. Most of my experience is as a photo journalist which is challenging, but not terribly creative.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author