Guess I should do an introduction…

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Introduce Yourself Here!! Guess I should do an introduction…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      HappyDragon
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: Yes
        @happydragon

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hi, this is Wayne, aka Happy Dragon Photography (www.happydragonphoto.com) I started shooting over two decades ago, back when I had to wind the film myself and even do my own black and white darkroom work. After a hiatus from serious shooting, I am back and loving the digital lifestyle. During my vacation from photography, I found a love for circus arts and became an experienced aerialist and fire dancer. Coming back into photography, I started to focus on shooting the arts that I love. Shooting performers and festivals has been my primary focus, but I also enjoy lifestyle portraiture and event work. My goal is to capture art and beauty wherever I see it and create still moments in the whirlwind of life. When I point my camera at someone or something, it is because I see beauty there and feel a connection with my subject and I want to be able to render that connection and beauty into a recorded image.

Many of the performers I have shot have commented that I made them look beautiful, but I see it differently. The beauty was already there, all I did was click a shutter at the right time and place so that they could see themselves the way I saw them, and the audience saw them.

I also have a photography blog, if you are so inclined to read it, and I have one book out so far, on shooting performances.

David Nathan
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @driverv

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hey welcome to the site. Neat story of your journey. I shoot very similarly in that I also see beauty in strange places and hope to capture those moments for myself and others.
          I also would love to go back to film someday soon when I can turn one of my rooms into a darkroom…

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author