• Author
      PixelFist
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @pixelfist

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi all,

I’ve long been reading this website and forum and have now decided to join and say hello.

I’m a British guy who lives in Hong Kong. When I moved here two years ago I was given a second-hand Panasonic Lumix digital camera so people could see some of the things I was seeing. It was a very basic camera, but the first i’d ever had. I was 28 years old, but photography had never really interested me before. I quickly began to enjoy using it and began setting it (almost exclusively) to “black and white film grain” setting and taking photos of things around me.

My family made some comments that some of my photos were ok, and after several more months I invested in a Canon EOS 600D with an 18-55mm kit lens. This is the set-up I still use now. Rather than buy myself any new gear this year I bought my wife a matching camera as she started to become interested in it, now we go out together to practise photography.

I’ve decided not to spend any more money on equipment or lenses until i’ve perfected the art. I’ve come a long way for sure and will be posting some images in the shark tank forum for your opinions, so i’d really appreciate you taking the time to look for it.

This image is probably the first of mine that I really liked and I think what got me interested in this thing called photography. It’s nothing special looking at it now, but I still like it.

`
        Garment Factory by PixelFist on Light Stalking

Tobie
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @tobiepsg
          • Contender Icon
          • Throwdowner Icon
          Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome @pixelfist! you’re fortunate to have a partner sharing the hobby with you! the photo certainly has nice elements in it!

We use the Shark Tank for giving & receiving critique! It might be a good idea to perhaps critique a few shots before dunking your own in there, just to get the feeling of it all. There’s no mercy shown in there… đŸ˜‰

Arthur
          Participant
            • Allows Edits: Yes
            @arthurr4

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hi and welcome. As well as LS as a way to learn I would recommend if you can join a photo, camera club. I have been in clubs for years some good some not so good but even in the bad ones I have meet good photographers willing to help.

PixelFist
            Participant
              • Allows Edits: No
              @pixelfist

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Yes, I am very fortunate. I have certainly considered joining a photography club, though I don’t really have any spare time, I only play with my camera every so often. I have entered the Canon Photo Marathon in Hong Kong two years running and this has been a really enjoyable activity. I’ve struggled to produce great photos matching the themes in the time limit, but it is great experience.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author