Intro to Jim

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 9y ago by Albirder.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Mistyisle
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: Yes
        @mistyisle
        • Contender Icon
        • Throwdowner Icon
        Allows Edits? Yes

I took up photography two years before I retired. Some people get too old to do a round of golf and I figured that I would never get too old to take photos. In the seven years I have never looked back and have had some very good successes.

Am a member of the North Shore Photographic Society (Auckland), a big and active club. It’s tougher to succeed there as the standard is so high, but that is a plus because it really extends one. I particularly like documentary photography, recording everyday people, often doing unusual things, as we travel around.

I really can’t remember what photo got me hooked. However remember seeing the work of Annie Leobowitz gave me a jolt. I was also entranced by the movie “Finding Vivian Maier”. In our local club two people (and more) who give great inspiration are Bill Hodges and Breen Porter.

Albirder
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @albirder

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome to LightStalking, Jim. SharkTank is going to be no problem for you. (Sometimes we think we are ready for critique, but then we find out we aren’t!) I imagine your skill at critiqueeing is also quite developed. I think you are really going to feel at home in our international community. We also have non-critique forums including the Landscape Forum, the General Photo ChitChat Forum, Weekend Challenges, and my favorite, Mobile Monday. I hope you will choose one and start posting.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author