Introduce Yourself (Feb 8, 2016)

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Introduce Yourself Here!! Introduce Yourself (Feb 8, 2016)

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Rob Wood (Admin)
      Keymaster
        • https://instagram.com/lightstalking
        • https://www.flickr.com/photos/lightstalking
        • Allows Edits: Yes
        @admin-2
        • Photo of the Week Winner Icon
        • Mobile Maestro Icon
        • Contender Icon
        • Socialite Icon
        Allows Edits? Yes

Hey, welcome to the site! This thread is to introduce yourself to the rest of the community with a few sentences about yourself!

I’ll go first.

I am Rob Wood – the founder of Light Stalking. I got into photography because my mum was a very serious amateur photographer who was published in a few photography magazines when I was a kid. We even had a purpose built darkroom when I was young.

My first SLR was the Canon AE-1 and I continued taking photography courses through high school and learned all about working in a darkroom at that time (both school and home).

I always maintained a pretty strong interest in photography, but really started taking it seriously again when I combined my love of writing, photography and websites to build Light Stalking in 2009. At that point, I realised there was a LOT more to learn.

Anyway, scroll to the bottom of the page and introduce yourself!

Cheers,
        Rob

PS – If you have any questions, they are probably answered in our FAQs. (Top of right column)

http://www.lightstalking.us/forums/topic/getting-started-faqs/

christine clark
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: No
          @christineclark

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi there, have had a camera in my hand most of my life. Most notably have moved recently from Minnesota to New Mexico and that means I have another round of exploration on my hands. Super excited to learn more about night and low-light photography in my new digs. Currently shooting Sony A77II and interested in landscapes, wildlife and street photography.

Vignette Crazy
          Participant
            @vignettecrazy

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I am recent entrant to serious photography. Till now it has been only thru phone that i have been exposed to this passion. I have stated with P900 and really impressed with some features of this camera.
            I am still in exploratory mode of photography. Lets see…..

Erik Fransman
              Participant
                @erik-fransman
                • Mobile Maestro Icon
                • Member’s Pick Icon
                Allows Edits? No

Hi Vignette Crazy. Looking forward to your 2000mm superzoom pictures!

Therese Margaret
              Participant
                @theresemargaret

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi everyone. I’m glad I’m here.

I started to love photography when I was in grade school when I saw my classmate compete for photojournalism. The camera that was used then was a disposable one with a film.

I first got a point and shoot camera when I was in highschool. I love taking photos of anything. People, things or landscape. I enjoyed playing the different scene mode of my camera.

When I had a job after college, I bought my first ever DSLR but I wasn’t knowlegeable enough of how it really works, the aperture, ISO, shutter speed and all. I was just jealous of those beautiful photos taken using a DSLR.

I just read the manual 6 months after I bought my camera. From then on, I have all these “Oh! Now I know.” 🙂 I started buying books, watching youtube tutorials, reading online articles and I practice but I am still not convinced of my skills. There’s still so much to learn about photography and I know I am on the right website. Thanks!

Yours,
                Therese

Richard Robertson
                Participant
                  @richardrobertson

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi,
                  My name is Rich Robertson, I’ve been into photography for about a year and a half. I starter because my wife took some photos with her point and shoot camera and she has some of her photos hanging on her wall, in her office. I wanted to be able to make photos worthy of displaying. I know it mostly has to do with composition. Now I’m interested in all the things that make up a quality photograph. I’m finding there is so much to learn.
                  I live in Frederick, MD. I am medically retired, as soon as my wife retires, we plan on moving to Fla. My photography interests are mostly Landscape and Macro.

David Edwardson
                  Participant
                    @davidedwardson

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi All

My name is Dave and this year I am determine to understand photography more and thus hopefully take better images.

I have recently moved over to trying out the Fuji XT-10.

Ray Lasko
                    Participant
                      @raylasko

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I have played with photography most of my adult life. Only in the last 10 years have I grown more interested in it. This is purely a recreational interest. I am 67 and have no plans to sell any of my work. Of course I would like to improve my “snapshots” of loved ones, esp. the grandkids. My other interests are Birds, landscape, flowers or whatever nature has to offer. I am interested in nature during the “Magic Light” moments. I want to capture nature’s poetry in a photograph.
                      Nikon D80, assorted lenses. Next, a quality tripod.

Lance Stephen L
                      Participant
                        @lancestephenl

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hello,
                        Thank you for the welcome.
                        My name is Lance. At a young age my Mother gave me a cereal box camera to keep me occupied in a three bedroom apartment on the 12th floor one summer. Little did she know, she introduced a spark and a Love that still remains until this day 30 some years later.

Kathy Robertson
                        Participant
                          @kathyrobertson

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I am fairly new to photography, and would like to better understand all the technical terms, and learn how to take better photographs. I have the Canon IXUS 140 and the Canon 1200D.

I look forward to new tips and tricks from the pro’s.

Kathy

Fred F. Brown
                          Participant
                            @fredf-brown

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi,
                            My name is Fred and I discovered my love for photography a little over a year ago. I started shooting with an Olympus Camedia C-720. It’s so old that the biggest memory card would only hold 3 TIFF files. This past fall I got my first DLSR a Canon t5. I have loved it ever since. My favorite area of photography is nature (still life, landscapes, and wildlife, when I can get close enough). I also love shooting old farm equipment and living in rural Idaho I have plenty of places that have lots of stuff laying about.

Massimo Benedetti
                            Participant
                              @massimobenedetti

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi there, happy to be with you.
                              My name is Massimo; I leave in Roma-Italy. I’ve been into photography since 1968.

My first serious camera was a Nikkormat with nikkor 35mm f2.8 – Since than I owned two more Nikons, one Bronika and one field folding-camera. When I was single I used to develop and print by myself (in my kitchen) all B&W, sometime even color in Cibachrome.

Today in the digital age the most used camera of mine is a Nikon DF with the old prime lenses that are in many cases absolutely fine.
                              Despite color quality of digital cameras I still prefer B&W. My workflow include (very very sparingly) Lightroom, Silverefex-Pro and Photoshop and is similar to the one I used in my darkroom.

I love street, documentary and music festival photography. Some time it happens to me to sell to newspapers.

Massimo

Tim White
                              Participant
                                @timwhite

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi,

I’m Tim, from Cardiff, UK. Been into photography for a good few years now. Looking to eventually turn pro. My main passion is wildlife and landscapes, but get a massive buzz from doing weddings and portraiture.

Always looking for photo buddies to go shooting with, so drop me a line if you’re near and fancy a meet.

Tim

Thomas Sumner
                                Participant
                                  @thomassumner

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi,
                                  My name is Tom. I was introduced to photography in 1967 as a student in college. I had to have a camera to take photos of buildings in an architecture history class. I borrowed my mother’s Brownie camera and I’ve been hooked every since. Although I did not become an architect, I have always been interested in taking photos.

I’m a Pentax camera guy and I enjoy photography as a hobby, and competing occasionally in camera clubs.

Robert Keener
                                  Participant
                                    @robertkeener

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi Iam Bob Keener
                                    I started in 1970 with a Canon F1.

William Balian
                                    Participant
                                      @williambalian

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I’m Bill. My first camera was a Yashica, most of my pics are with a Fuji S700 and I just got a Nikon P610, that I have yet to use. I like taking pictures of nature and architecture.

Naveen
                                      Participant
                                        @naveen

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

hello my self Naveen am interested in photography i really want to take photos different than others

Anthony Wright
                                        Participant
                                          @anthonywright

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hello,
                                          My first slr was a Cosmorex (RU), since then I’ve used OM-1,Crown Graphic, Mamiya 6×9, Holga,and my current camera is a Sony A850.
                                          I’m an artist mostly making sculpture but use photography not only to document my work but to gather source material. I also shoot to create fine art photography.
                                          My website is http://www.anthonywright.com .
                                          I hope to gather some useful info here!
                                          Thanks,
                                          Tony

debbiebrown1956
                                          Participant
                                            @debbiebrown1956

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hello. I think I was born with a camera in my hands, but still consider myself an amateur. Always something new to learn. Looking forward to all I can learn here. – deb b

Diane C
                                            Participant
                                              @dianec

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi!
                                              Growing up, I liked to shoot with a normal point-and-shoot camera but this past July I upgraded to the Nikon D3300. I haven’t gotten out and taken pictures as much as I would like to, but I am hoping joining this site and getting some feedback will help me to grow and improve from being an amateur and produce quality photographs.

Julie Reeves
                                              Participant
                                                @juliereeves

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi, I am retired – have 5 grown grandchildren and 11 grandchildren. My husband and I have just begun to learn photography and look forward to reading about what you are doing and hopefully, learn how to make amazing photographs. We are learning together and will enjoy any and all input from you all. Thank you for accepting us.

andreea
                                                Participant
                                                  @andreea

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi everyone, I’m Andreea and I love photography…that sounded like a group therapy introduction 🙂

I’ve always been attracted to the world of photography but 3 years ago I started to feel like photography must be a part of my life…and now I feel like I can’t live without it.

I like concert/entertainment photography, nature (flowers and animals), b/w, and sometimes cross to the abstract side 🙂

I’ve been following the forum posts and the articles here for some time but I am actually a bit afraid to post photos yet. But I’ll get to it…one must face his/her fears, right?

Have a great day / evening!

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author

Rob is the founder of Light Stalking. His love for photography pushed him into building this fantastic place, and you can get to know him better here