Introduction: Alan Meyer – Newbie in California

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Introduce Yourself Here!! Introduction: Alan Meyer – Newbie in California

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      meyerfamilyco
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @meyerfamilyco

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I’ve dabbled in photography now and again for most of my life, but I didn’t get serious about it until a couple of years ago. A friend of mine introduced me to the HDR Pro app on my iPhone and taught me about the rule of thirds. Suddenly, I was able to take some landscape photos that looked pretty darn good for a rookie (… but nonetheless still newbie shots compared to the Pros). It wasn’t long before I realized that iPhone’s are great… and it’s always with me… but they have optical limitations and are lacking manual controls. That’s when last year’s Sony A6000 mirrorless camera caught my eye. I love the camera, and I think I’m into photography for good.

My passion is still landscape photography, though my brother-in-law and I have fun visiting wildlife preserves and taking bird photos. I would love to learn how to be half (even a tenth!) as good as http://markljphotography.co.uk/ and learn how to take this photo:

Mark Littlejohn - Wall Holm Island

In this picture, I love its peace, serenity, and the quietness it projects. The early morning lighting, colors and clouds are fantastic. I learned a lot from it in the way he focuses on the island. The panoramic aspect ratio really makes it for me.

Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise!

Regards,

Alan

Tobie
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @tobiepsg
          • Contender Icon
          • Throwdowner Icon
          Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome in LS, Alan! Mark is definitely a superb photographer and I love his landscapes. Birds / wildlife / nature is my preferred genre too, assisted by being on the continent carrying most of the world’s wildlife (and lots of reserves close by).

Looking forward to seeing your shots & participation in other posts!

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author