Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mugwump
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @mugwump

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi there, happy to be here! I’ve been taking pictures for a long time, but it is only this year that I started taking it a little bit more seriously: I picked up an old Minolta SRT-MCII on a flea market and was completely hooked by the feeling of having this solid piece of metal and glass in my hand. I shot some rolls on our trip to New York, had them printed and scanned at Luster-Photo: They mostly came out over-/underexposed, but I loved them all!!

From there on I started learning, am currently hooked on the rough black&whites from Daido Moriyama(look for “Stray Dog”), that I tried to copy on a recent trip to Japan.

I’m currently mostly using a Nikon d5300 with the 35mm/f1.8 – as much as I love analogue, there is so much to learn, which works better with a digital…

I’m posting most of my pictures on flickr, https://www.flickr.com/photos/vierundsechzig/, so if you want to take a look, I’d be more than happy!

Tobie
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @tobiepsg
          • Contender Icon
          • Throwdowner Icon
          Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome @mugwump! I was hooked on digital since the first one came out and paid an arm and a leg for my first one a little more than 10 years ago! It ust makes life so much easier! That particular camera lies somewhere in a mountain pool after I slipped and went for a non-intended swim during a mountain hike, but that incident helped in the eventual purchase of my first DSLR 2 years ago.

If you want your pics critiqued I’d suggest you rather post them individually in the Shark Tank (if they’re already on flickr you just need to embed the link to them in each post) accompanied by the relevant exif data.

mugwump
          Participant
            • Allows Edits: No
            @mugwump

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

no, sorry, please, that was just meant as an introduction, I didn’t want my whole flickr-stream to be criticized, the are so many sketchy&crappy photos in there… I’ll dip just a toe in the shark tank and start with one picture 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author