Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      heatherannie
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @heatherannie

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi,I am new to photography although I have always wanted to try it. Awhile ago I got a Nikon D80 from my sister. I am slowly learning how to use it and hope to take a photography course in the fall. I am open to all criticism , hints and compliments đŸ™‚ Right now I mainly take “nature” pictures but hope to get better at some with people . I find the “physics” part of photography challenging (shutter speed,ISO etc).I love being outdoors and taking the camera with me makes it all the more fun.

Albirder
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @albirder

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome to Light Stalking. You posted a picture! That was a hurdle for me. I had to make a lot of passes at ISO, Shutter Speed, and Aperture before I finally got it. One of the great things about this site is that there are the many free tutorials. I find reading relatively short articles, many of them, is a good way for me to learn. If you want me to be on the lookout for staightforward tutorials on the basics, just message me. We have a critique forum, SharkTank, but we also have non-critique forums. As it turns out, you posted in one of them, General Photo ChitChat. I hope you will choose a forum and start posting.

heatherannie
          Participant
            • Allows Edits: No
            @heatherannie

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Thanks for the welcome đŸ™‚ I would be interested in any straightforward tutorials that you come across so feel free to message me (or tag me or whatever you do on here).I’m still poking around the site but it looks like there is lots of great stuff!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author