Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      JustJOE
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @justjoe

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi all, I’m a newbie here and am looking forward to learning all I can.

I see the world in terms of light and angle and am so excited to have found a place that can help me turn what I see into a photograph!

I’m developing my own style and while not there yet, it’s fun to be on the journey.

David Sill
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @dsillsailing

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome to Light Stalking. Light and angle apply to all types of photography. What interests you? Landscape? Portraiture? Sports? Or?

JustJOE
          Participant
            • Allows Edits: No
            @justjoe

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Thanks David. Right now I like portraiture,nature stuff, and random found items.

I’m working on making composition more interesting and learning how to make a photo more compelling.

The main thing for me is to get it right in the camera as I’m not a big fan of over processing my photos.

David Sill
            Participant
              • Allows Edits: Yes
              @dsillsailing

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

I agree. Although some processing is always necessary. From film days, I always tried to compose my shots in the camera. But the negative has about 100:1 value range while a paper print is about 10:1. So choices always needed to be made. In the digital age, a sensor has one range, a computer screen another, and paper yet another. So some kind of processing is still necessary. Also, I almost always need to straighten the horizon.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author