Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Turtles
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @turtles

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hello. I am new. I joined this site as a start for information. As of right now I only have my cell camera but I am hoping to make the major purchase of a good camera body soon (hello tax refund I’ve got plans for you.) However, with this major purchase come soooooooooo many questions. Brand, model, full frame or crop sensor, etc., etc. I’ve only ever had a little point and shoot but it got old and the quality was sad so I started using my cell pbone. I’ve been doing some research and I know that everyone has something that they prefer but I don’t want to buy something and end up regretting it!

A little about me. I have loved nature and animal photography for a long as I can remember. I have a horse, four dogs, and a cat. And would love to get amazing pictures of them. I love hiking and trail riding and would like to be able to get amazing senery shots. Streams, mountains, fields, and whatever else I find beautiful out there. I should probably finish up so; birds, wildlife, flowers, and insects. So basically I am looking for a camera that can do it all. I want to find something that will allow me to get great quality that I can blow up into 8×10 or larger.

Thanks and I hope to get a lot from this site!

Elizabeth aka Turtles

caimi
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: No
          @caimi

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Even as you are writing the check for that “good camera body” you’ll be thinking about the next one. So don’t sweat it. The “right” one will eventually end up in your hands. Until the next right one comes along.

Since you are looking for advice on taking great photos, here is the best advice I can give you: Spend a lot of time studying great photos. And bad photos. And mediocre photos. And not just photos. Study great art. You will begin to notice things about composition and color and light that you hadn’t noticed before. And you can study art and photography from the relative safety of your computer chair but I recommend you risk everything and study it in an art museum. Spend as much time there as you can and get lost in works of art and photography. Even if you learn only one thing by accident it will be time well spent.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author