• Author
      Merle O Plagge
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @merleoplagge

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi everyone,

I first got hooked on photography about 65 years ago when I saw some photographs of a friend, and wanted to do the same. I saved up enough money and bought an Argus C3 35 mm. camera. We had an old coal bin in our basement that was no longer being used, so I converted it to a darkroom and made an enlarger out of an old Kodak folding camera. I spent many years in school, and finally after settling down with a family, I joined a camera club and eventually built my own darkroom with facilities for color work. Finally around 2001 I bought an Olympus digital camera. Now I’ve started showing some of my work. Thought this would be a good community for real critiquing of work.

Albirder
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @albirder

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome to LightStalking. We took a somewhat similar path. I bought a Nikon in 1972 and set up a portable darkroom in the bathroom. I have an Olympus now. You have surely come to the right place for thoughtful critique. What is interesting is that I have learned as much from myself (!) as I have from other viewers. As I have participated in SharkTank I have learned what appeals to me in a photograph and what does not. Funny how I did not completely know that before! I hope to see your observations and posts on SharkTank soon.

John Thompson
            • Allows Edits: No
            @nikon-nut

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hello @merleoplagge and welcome to Light Stalking. As you have noted and @albirder has added, the Shark Tank is a great forum to learn how to make better pics. You can have your own images critiqued and you can also read the critiques of others.

Again, welcome.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author