On my own in Oman, photography keeping me sane.

Latest Posts Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Introduce Yourself Here!! On my own in Oman, photography keeping me sane.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Brendonw
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @brendonw

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi there
        I am working on a research project in Oman, pretty much alone in a town where no-one speaks my language. Fortunately the scenery is spectacular, the light is always good and opportunities for photographs pitch up all the time. I use Google + to keep my friends and family informed and entertained, however have found more and more that the spectacular sunsets, which they all love, are not challenging me enough.
        I do a lot of landscape and birding pics and have decent equipment now, so in theory I should be producing the technical quality shots I expect of myself, as for creativity and imagination – well I guess that’s for each person to decide.
        I don’t know much about the world of photography, famous artists etc, but really enjoy any well timed or well executed image,I love the combination of creativity, timing and technical ability that results in awe inspiring pictures.
        I need help with issues I am experiencing on longer focal length shots, not sure whether it’s a focus problem, depth of field issue, stability etc.
        I don’t know how this works from here on in…..
        Cheers
        Brendon

BlueyAus
        Participant
          @blueyaus

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi Brendon, I just took the plunge & uploaded to the shark pool, it was worth it for the good info received.
          I’m suffering from a lack of ability to get to places for shots. After being on the site I am actually thinking I gotta use my creativity a lot more & try some abstract or something away from scenery/landscape.

Brendonw
            Participant
              @brendonw

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hey there,
              I have a similar issue at times, my job keeps me pretty rooted to this little town, can’t go away for more than 5-6 hrs at a time. So am now finding that because I can’t get to new areas, I need to start looking at old subjects in a new way. I guess there’s a point where my shots will break away more from what I think the family in SA would like to see, and move more to just the stuff I enjoy, and enjoy taking.
              And speaking of work, off I go. I hope to be able to use this forum as often as possible, but not sure how regularly I’ll manage it.
              cheers

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author