texture lovers pls critique

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      bill wagner
      Participant
        • Allows Edits:
        @wacissa

No Achievements Yet!

For those who use/like textures, this is a bit of an experiment for me. Your thoughts please.

Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge by bill wagner on Light Stalking

lburgess
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: No
          @lburgess

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

Hi Bill! You put this in the Throwdown forum, so I am wondering if you are posting a throw down (those are always fun) or did you mean to put this in the Shark Tank?

Critique, the vignetting is a little dark, it makes the corners a little lost. Not sure I like the texture in what I am assuming is supposed to be the sky, mainly because it looks more like a concrete wall. I like the framed composition with the tree and the painting effect is interesting.

If this is a throw down, heres some texture!
          Macaw -6119

bill wagner
          Participant
            • Allows Edits:
            @wacissa

No Achievements Yet!

Yes, lburgess, I wrestled with the sky for a while. I have several other textured versions of this photo which are more ‘sky friendly’. The dark vignette had more impact and expression to me than a lighter vignette. A subjective choice in the end. Plus the image seems more balanced overall when viewed at a larger size. Light Stalking limits the viewing size more than I would wish. Thanks for your feedback!

Tersha
            Keymaster
              • https://www.flickr.com/photos/diane_rose/
              • Allows Edits: Yes
              @tersha
              • Photo of the Week Winner Icon
              • Mobile Maestro Icon
              • Contender Icon
              • Member’s Pick Icon
              • Throwdowner Icon
              Allows Edits? Yes

Hi @wacissa, I think the texture gives the image a 3D/painterly effect, I quite like it. It would be good to see a bigger version, although Light Stalking has a size limit, you could put a link to a larger version, or do you have a Flickr account, if so, it’s very easy.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author