Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Photofishinjoe
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: No
        @photofishinjoe

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I have been trying to figure out the next step to take with my photography. I’m trying to learn more and more every day. I started doing mini sessions for friends and they have come out really well and everybody has been very happy. So I’m have been thinking of starting up a website. Watching you tube videos and watching tutorials on various websites has been my main source of learning but a local college is offering a few classed I’m interested in taking. My buddy Fred who i use to work with has been a huge influence and also has taught me a lot. He has a Nikon D300 which was one reason I bought a D90 a few years ago. Just from the moment I picked up that camera it was comfortable with it. I did check out Cannon and it just wasn’t for me. My D90 has been acting up and Fred has been gracious enough to let me borrow his gear to let me do these mini sessions. I just did buy a D7100 since i needed a new camera but since i don’t have any full frame lenses yet i wasn’t going to upgrade to full frame but in due time.
        Well anybody reading this thank you for your time and i can’t wait to learn from this site and the photographers on it.
        Joe

bethstaub
        Participant
          • Allows Edits: Yes
          @bethstaub

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hey Joe! We are very similar! I just launched my website and it’s been a lot of fun. I say GO FOR IT. Why not get paid for your hobby! That is what I said to myself. And it’s slow but working. My problem is I feel that (especially high school seniors) peeps should be able to get good pics but not at crazy prices – so I’m struggling there. I don’t want to bottom out our field by any means but I don’t want to be so high that I don’t get work. Keep me posted on your progress. I’m psyched to learn more from you! Cheers!
          Beth

Photofishinjoe
          Participant
            • Allows Edits: No
            @photofishinjoe

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? No

I know I didn’t charge enough for the fall pictures I did but it was good experience. I’m looking for a site now and hopefully get it launched by the first of the year,

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author