Pets are an important part of every family! No matter if you have cats, dogs, guinea pigs or something more exotic such as turtles or lizards, one thing is true for sure – pets are adorable and usually very photogenic if you manage to get them in the right mood.
Pets deserve having their portrait taken in the best possible way, which might seem like an easy task, but it's not always like that. Just like regular portraits, pet portraits also require great ideas and a good eye for excellent composition.
The following 25 examples will inspire you to make some adorable pet portraits on your own!
If you loved these pet portraits, here are some helpful resources to get you started.
- Pet Photography Tips and Techniques – in this youtube video, Westcott Lighting gives a useful beginners guide
- Bite Size Tips: 5 Tips For A Compelling Pet Photo – Dahlia gives us some great bite-sized tips on how to capture your pet
- Pet Photography 101: An Introduction – Contrastly has a great introduction to pet photography
- How To Take A Meaningful Family Portrait (Including Your Pets) – here I give you ways to add meaning to your family portraits…including pets
- 8 Great Tips on How to Photograph Pets With Amazing Results – Russel also provides some great tips to get the results you are looking for