We’ve got a new entry-level DJI Mini SE on the way and it looks like the specs leaked ahead of anything official.
And they look pretty convincing, too.
Convincing as in we’ve got a retail spec sheet for the DJI Mini SE from US big-box merchant Wal-Mart.
As DPReview points out and as hawk-eyed DJI watchers will note, the Mini SE looks like a return to form for the company in that it mimics the first-generation, classic DJI Mini.
Also, at $USD 299, its pricing somewhat reflects that level of technology as well as its entry-level status. The Mini 2, for example, clocks in at $USD 449. Depending on where you stand on the Mini SE’s capabilities, it may or may not be a bargain.
So what have we got?
- The unit weighs in at 0.54lbs
- A fully charged battery provides some thirty minutes of flight time
- It is capable of capturing 2.7K video and 12MP aerial photos
- 3-axis motorized gimbal stabilization
- A range of up to 2.5 miles of HD low-latency video transmission
- Precise hovering indoors and outdoors
- Easy-to-use recording and editing tools
- Compatible with the DJI Fly app
Currently, the Mini SE is sold out at Wal-Mart’s website though people report seeing it in the company’s physical stores.
It should be interesting to see how the market receives DJI’s latest product because, as so many of us have noticed, it does look a lot like a first-gen Mini with $USD 100 lopped off the price.
Does the DJI Mini SE sound like something that you would be interested in whether as a newcomer to UAVs or as someone looking to add to their fleet? Let us know your thoughts on the upcoming DJI Mini SE’s leaked specs in the comments below.
Check out some of our other photography news on Light Stalking at this link right here.