ah back too normal

Home Photography Forums The Shark Tank ah back too normal

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Graham Hart 3 days, 12 hours ago.

• Author

Falxy
    Participant

_DSC1594-Edit-2

ƒ/3.5
    58.0 mm
    1/640

need some feedback here………..desperate with proud parents and all…….good job they know me!! 🙂

Roger Wehage
    Participant

Ah…what can I say? If you could ever get your model to pose like that again I would suggest to put a small pad inside the hat so it doesn't cover the eyes. Also make sure to focus directly on the eyes.

billyspad
    Participant

Great idea love the over large hat and no problem with it falling over the eyes. Brim of the hat seems to be the focus point the face is a bit soft. Smaller aperture maybe?  Why B/W? Its ended up a little flat and lacking in tonal range. Admire your courage my friend. Only tried a baby portrait once and the little fella screamed squarked and cried for an hour in between vomiting and filling his diaper. Never again!

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Wonderful concept Duncan. Too bad the DOF was so shallow. I have a couple of suggestions to try if you care.

1. Adjust levels a tiny, tiny bit as it seems a touch washed out.
    2. Add a little “blur” sharpening to the mouth, nose, and eyes which will help with the missed focal point.
    3. Try a reverse custom shape vignette to fade the edges to white. This may help the subject feel more in focus.

Would show, but your prefs. are set to no editing.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Great shot Falxy. Some technical points already mentioned are valid but still a heart melting pic.

What would you think about moving the crop down so that the baby was nearer the top of the frame? With that ‘flying' pose, more room at the bottom of the frame would put some ‘air' under his/her wings. The large hat seems to be flattening the poor thing at the bottom of the frame 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.