BLUR

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  David Chesterfield 10 hours, 45 minutes ago.

• Author

So, I was contacted by the team behind Brisbane's BLUR festival – 4 days of photographic heaven. 90 Shooting booths, lecture, supermodels and famous photographers from all over the world. (see link at the bottom of this post for those that are interested.)

The found me via Instagram and asked if I'd run a shooting booth for them. Long story short I went and met with them and will now be running three shooting booths – one water drops and one painting “Guru” booths – for people who purchased expensive tickets, and one general area light painting booth.

So… guess what I have been practicing over the past few weeks?

Lightpainting!

PC300353

PC300345

PC250009

And water drops!

DSC05041

DSC04884

DSC04811

DSC04044

DSC04346

https://www.blurfestival.com/

Kent DuFault
    Participant

That's awesome! And, well deserved! Cheers.

Tobie

You go boy! Show them how you do stuff like the above and the WILL be impressed!

Tersha
    Keymaster

Wow David, that's really great! I imagine you're going to have a brilliant time, and hope to hear all about it afterwards!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  Tersha.

karenhy
    Participant

Congrats and well deserved! Awesome photos above and I am sure you will wow visitors to your booths.

Robert Apple
    Participant

Congrats David

chris pook
    Participant

That is brilliant, and great to be recognised David.

John Thompson

David you are a star!! Well deserved my friend.

John Thompson

Perhaps one of your photos will appear on Mr. Toads weekly show of exceptional photography.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

They are lucky to have you David. Enjoy!

Cindy Mulvihill
    Participant

Congrats David, amazing work.

Thank you all – I must admit to being nervous. Not sure how 3  booths running concurrently will work. It is not like I can train someone to use the ball of light – it took me 12 months of practice.

It will be fun though…

Had another run with waterdrops after some technical issues – all sorted after a thorough clean of th esolenoid & nozzle thankfully.

DSC06149

Stewart
    Participant

Don't sweet it Dave. You'll knock it outta the park no sweat. Go get em mate!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Stewart.

Thanks so much Stewart – good to see you back mate!

A couple of images from Fotorgear's soon to be release light painting tool – introducing the magilight.

P1170033

P1170035

P1110167

Full review coming very soon…

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Wow David! I am also with Rob. How did you do the last one? Very curious!!! Hope you are enjoying the festival 🙂

Rob Eyers
    Participant

They are all very interesting David but #3 …..????…..I'm extremely curious!

The Magilight allows you to load images or artwork as a bit map, which it can then play as you move the stick across the frame. In this instance the eyes are from a ribbon created by a friends students for their photography club.

They launched today, and have already hit greater than 300% of their funding goal.

https://goo.gl/oQQgYQ

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar