christmas card photo

Home Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat christmas card photo

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  beth 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

beth
    Participant

this year's newest addition to the packs of christmas cards i sell locally.  the smaller ceramic tree was made by my boyfriend's grandmother and the larger was used forever by my grandmother.  i think my great aunt made it.  i took them to the beach, arranged them and took 100+ photos of the waves crashing in the background.

normal edits in lightroom.  in ps i cleaned up the crappy beach until it looked like this.  and then i lit the lightbulbs on the trees.  i ordered from uprinting for the first time this year.  the quality of the cards is really nice (4×6 folded, 17pt weight on uncoated rag with envelopes), but i had to order a lot to make it cost effective for resale.

Kent DuFault
    Participant

I like it!

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Very creative!

Rob Eyers
    Participant

I brought a plaid reindeer to Mexico with me. I’m hoping to come up with a juxtaposition for it to use as an e-card for my friends and family.

I like your idea Beth. Well done.

beth
      Participant

that'll be sweet.  you'll find a good background.  if nothing else face first into a margarita..

beth
    Participant

thanks everyone!  this was last years card design:

DSCF3606 (2)

Kent DuFault
      Participant

I love that one too! (You need to post one of these or similar a little closer to the Christmas Holiday.)

beth
        Participant

thanks kent.  i'll probably repost these around christmas, but they've been popular at the store i sell in since black friday.  i hate that christmas starts so early, what happened to the 12 days of christmas?

Kent DuFault
          Participant

Me too. Last year there were Christmas items already up for sale in my area in late August. I tried not to notice this year.

beth
            Participant

a part of my soul dies every year when i have to put holiday crud out so early.  i am part of the problem and i will need counseling for it later in life.

Federico Alegria
      Participant

I rather stick with this one 😄

beth
        Participant

the mini christmas card is still my most popular, at least so far this year.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Both great ideas Beth. Wish we had snow so I could have a go at this. Just wouldn't be as festive with a sunburnt country in the background 🙂

beth
        Participant

sounds like you could have some fun with a realistic looking snowman in the desert.

bucweeet
    Participant

Both are really nice beth!

beth
      Participant

thanks bucweeet!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.