City of Bridges

Home Photography Forums The Shark Tank City of Bridges

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

Anonymous

woke up early yesterday morning and took some photos of Portland’s bridges.  Trying to make interesting pictures out of a cloudy and hazy day.

Anonymous

Aperture 4, ISO 100, shutter speed 1/320, 55 mm

Anonymous

Aperture 4.5, ISO 100, 1/640, 70 mm

Anonymous

4.0 aperture, 100 ISO, 1/400, 55 mm

3pco
    Participant

Hi Laura. I suggest submitting these on separate threads for critique, Sharks are so easy to confuse. Does the EXIF pertain to all 3 (or 4)? When I looked at the first one, I wanted to ask why you used f4? You lose focus on the handrail close up. You have plenty of room to boost the iso, even on a dx, before worrying about noise. I like the top shot the best, but I would crop away some of the bottom left, at least the out-of-focus concrete post-top. I would've positioned myself a few steps further to the right, to separate the streetlamp from the bridge cable: it would pop more against the trees. Cloudy days are good for rich colors, and I think you can extract a lot more from these. You have a lot of color separation in this image, and you could manipulate it with a hue/sat'n layer. If you darken the blues, you'll darken all those trees in the background without much affecting the bridge. If you brighten them, the trees will go hazy (you can do this with dehaze, too). Play with cyan for the bridge, maybe darken and up-saturate the reds for the pavement.

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

too many photos at one time

Anonymous

So sorry, I’ll try to delete them.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.