Cuba #14 – Yellow Blur

Home Photography Forums The Shark Tank Cuba #14 – Yellow Blur

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  bucweeet 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Maureen Photograph
    Participant

And another … I enhanced the colors using LAB Man from Mars.

70 MM, 1/5 second, F4, ISO 3200.

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Love it! Maureen. Dang! These just get better and better. Now, I'm getting jealous. 🙂

Maureen Photograph
    Participant

Ha ha good one!  Thanks Kent!

billyspad
    Blocked

This could be the result of the made in Phils vari focals I wear but this hurts my eyes. Colors are sweet for sure but one look is enough. Its got the feel of a shot that did not quite work that you mounted a rescue job on. Its a fine rescue and I sincerely wish in my case it was not so likely to induce a migraine.

3pco
    Participant

Very pleasing colors and I like the overall compo a lot, but I rather wish the red-clad figure had been in the space between the two uprights. Also, the wraith-like figure to its left leaves me confused.

Tom M
    Participant

Cool image Maureen. Looks like a photo Kent might take. I see why he's jealous. The only thing that bothers me is the pink straight line blur of the shoes of figure on the left, and the straight line blur of the head of same person. Otherwise I like it a lot…

Richard Barnard
    Participant

I prefer this to your other blur shot as this is closer to the abstract / surreal. I like the strong colour palette, particularly the blue door against the yellow wall. I would prefer it if the pink shoes weren’t quite so dominant and would be tempted to crop out the strip of highlight blue frame right. Otherwise a creative shot.

JasenkaG
    Keymaster

I like the dreamy atmosphere here, such a creative shot!

I find these colors a little bit too vibrant for my taste (especially the blue door), but I guess that's the matter of personal preference.

Albirder
    Participant

Delicious blocks of color and they are sufficiently in focus to work for me. I agree with Richard about the crop. When the strip of blue frame is taken out, so will the reflection on the street, which I find very distracting. The n-1 is the guy on the left. In this case the stride did you wrong. It produced an awkward arc of red. The third person coming toward the pair takes away some of the clean simplicity of the image, but not enough for n-2. Enough Sharktank! I think this falls in the category of abstract images and rises above small compositional observations. Well done, Maureen.

bucweeet
    Participant

Somewhat torn with this one. I agree with comment regarding the crop on the RH side.

My only thought is the tonal range of the bright yellow (the larger RH area only) and the blue that may be cropped. For my eyes, the brightness of both provide a constant tug on my eyes. ‘Slightly' reducing the light/brightness of these two areas may reduce this tension and place more visual weight on the people.  You may also find, that after doing this, you may have to make a slight exposure adjustment ‘overall to the image' as it may seem to dark.

As for the image itself, I agree with the rest of the comments. Both an interesting and nice image Maureen.

Maureen Photograph
    Participant

Thanks all for the good ideas.  Here's the new improved product:

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Stunning. Really! This should be printed LARGE and hanging on a wall. Gallery worthy! (Pssssst – I still like the first version the best.)

bucweeet
    Participant

Nice work on removing the smaller person in the middle. And I can't believe I'm going to say this, but… I may have to agree with Kent…  ack!!!   (Hey, the ST is for negative contents, right?)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.