Cuba #3

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Maureen Photograph 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Maureen Photograph
    Participant

43 mm.  1/800.  F8.  ISO 250.

This is called “Standin' on the Corner.”  It's got some of everything (people, buildings, utility wires, mountains) hopefully merging into a cohesive composition.  I did flip it horizontally.

Maureen Photograph
    Participant

sorry I accidentally put it up twice  🙁

billyspad
    Blocked

Maureen a nice scene showing what the third world has to offer. Dusty roads and poor housing with guys stood around doing very little it seems. Could be the Philippines! Fota's cannot reproduce the smells which is maybe a good thing.

So cropped slightly from bottom and right. Too much third world is overkill. In Camera Raw lifted shadows and further lifted in Photoshop. Then the NIK recipe I told you about which is Skylight filter High Key filter and Lighten/Darken Edges filter made into a recipe I use for many outdoor shots. Boosts color and adds just a little sharpness. Let me know if you agree with edits. If you boost the Dynamic High Key setting it will lift shadows even further should you wish.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  billyspad.

Jay Ward
      Participant

Will you share your recipe? Is it like a PS action?

billyspad
        Blocked

Jay the three Nik filters are detailed in my answer to Maureen. Yes once in a recipe they are applied automatically to an image so in effect act like a PS action. With Nik you can open each filter in the recipe and fine tune it to suit the image you have open

Maureen Photograph
    Participant

Wow, that looks amazing!  Thanks for sharing some of your processing secrets.

Tom M
    Participant

Really nice photo. The leading lines with the buildings leading to the mountains and clouds is nicely captured…

Mistyisle
    Participant

I really like the colours and the story, Maureen.  Nice shot!  If you really like power and telegraph lines, then India is the place.  Have seen an image with 6/7 times the amount showing here or in your other image, where you mention them.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Hi Maureen, I like the vibe in the image – it gives the real feel of the place. I like what Billyspad has done by bringing out the details and showing the people in the image 🙂

Maureen Photograph
    Participant

Thanks all!  I have re-processed the image and it looks very similar to Billyspad; so much that I won't bother to post it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.