Cuba #4

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Lenny Wollitz 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

Maureen Photograph
    Participant

“Playground.”

70mm, 1/3200, F4, ISO 100.

This street scene is more succinct, honing in on the action.

The more wires the better, I say!

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Of the ones you've posted I think I like this the best because of the environment, leading lines and low angle.

I do think that the colour is off. The sky is very cyan and unnatural. Did you apply some kind of filter or preset that shifted it?

Maureen Photograph
    Participant

Thanks Rob.  Yes the sky is too cyan.  I'll go back and see what I can do.

Maureen Photograph
    Participant

here's the revision …

Rob Eyers
    Participant

🙂 Much better from where I sit Maureen.

Tom M
    Participant

Very nice. Love the colors of all those old buildings, and very interesting of the kids in the background…

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Hi Maureen, nice street capture. ST. I wish the focus was on the boys and not on the blue-yellow building on the right. Maybe f/8 would have been a better choice. (or just focus on the boys)

Maureen Photograph
    Participant

Yep, good points.

billyspad
    Participant

What Eric said Maureen. For general street in good light just set the camera to f8 iso at 100 – 200 aperture priority and your set to go. Those settings will cope with 90% of what you point the lens at.

Maureen Photograph
    Participant

Thanks – but I think I need to go higher on the ISO to get a faster shutter speed – unless the light is really bright – or else learn to hold the camera steadier when I'm shooting on the run!

Kent DuFault
    Participant

This is very nice!

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

Maurine, I agree with Rob, this is my favorite of the bunch.  The sky looks good after your correction.  IMO the sky in your others is just a tad too blue and the clouds just a tad too white.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.