Darwin DC3

Home Photography Forums The Shark Tank Darwin DC3

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dahlia Ambrose 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

MaryandNeil
    Participant

DC3<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

We recently went to the Aviation History Museum in Darwin where they had this DC3 parked up outside. As it is such an iconic aircraft I wanted to to try to show it as an ‘historic' photo.

It was taken with a Canon EOS80D with he stock 18-55mm lens at 24mm, f/4, 100ISO and 1/2500s. It was a lot brighter than the clouds would suggest!

The file was subsequently processed with PSE15 and Silver Efex Pro 2.

Happy for any thoughts.

Rob Wood (Admin)
    Keymaster

Very solid shot, but the shadows on the wing are disappearing into the shadows of the background towards the left. 🙂

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

I love this image Mary and Neil. The clouds are very dramatic. If you could dodge the darker areas near the wing on the left and the nose cone on the right, that would help the aircraft to stand out from the background 🙂

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

What admin and Dahlia said.  Nice B&W and I like the clouds.  I would clone out the thing that enters from the left edge and intersects with the wing.

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Hi MaryandNeil, it is a bit over processed. The trees in the background have quite some halo which make them look unreal.

I would also clone out the wing from the plane at the left.

For me there is too much rubbish in the BG to make the plane stand out.

I would try to go back to the original photo and make the edits a bit more subtle.
    Less vignette as it makes the plane too dark, maybe blur the forgroud an bit and possibly the background too.

Just some thoughts.

MaryandNeil
    Participant

thanks for the comments , they all make sense and I will try to make some amendments .

Neil

MaryandNeil
    Participant

an attempt to bring some of the points to a new edit. I have de-cluttered the background a bit and dodged under the wing whilst trying to maintain a lot drama in the sky and hopefully have the aircraft stand out more. Thanks for the pointers.DC3 a<script async

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

I like this version a lot. Very dramatic and the airplane stands out so well from the background 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

>
Skip to toolbar