Don't stop believin

Home Photography Forums Landscape Photography Don't stop believin

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Frogdaily 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Rob Eyers
    Participant

This old barn and it's graffiti have been a planned shoot for a while now. Winter hasn't afforded me many opportunities as the sky has been overcast and grey. I finally had an opportunity yesterday at sunset.

_V4A0864.jpg

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Nice juxtaposition and story element!

Tersha
    Keymaster

Lovely shot Rob, love the title, I had to look at it large on Flickr to read the graffiti!

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Thank you Diane. The graffiti is small in the image…glad you were able to read it.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Made me feel a little melancholy when I first saw it. A traditional rural farming landscape dying a slow death watched over by the stark towers of technology. The old and the new side by side. That's progress I guess? Great shot! I'll try to keep believin'.

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Old abandoned buildings and machinery do have that melancholy aspect for me too Graham. The good news…farmers in our area enjoy some of the richest land in the country and they put it to full use. You can't see much of this barn in the summer as the corn is over 10 feet high. They also receive some ridiculous remuneration for having those wind generators on their land.

Interesting how a photo's point of view can direct the conversation isn't it. Thanks for your thoughts and compliment.

Robert Apple
    Participant

Very nice Rob.

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Thanks Robert. It'd be better with some mountains like around your place.

Frogdaily
    Participant

Great capture! Nice lighting … well worth the wait

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Thanks Frog. I'm not done with it yet. I know the light can be better as I've seen some incredible skies there before at sunset…..just didn't have my camera…shame on me.

Frogdaily
        Participant

🙂 … can’t wait to see the new photo … a beautiful sunset sky would definitely transform this photo into a stunning image

Tobie

Love it, @reyers! Wish this building could talk…

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Thanks Tobie. I know what you mean. This old survivor is from a less mechanized area I think. We look back at it romantically but in reality they must have been back breaking days.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

>
Skip to toolbar