- February 8, 2018 at 3:41 pm #328552
- February 8, 2018 at 3:53 pm #328553
Nice juxtaposition and story element!
- February 9, 2018 at 7:39 am #328690
- February 8, 2018 at 4:45 pm #328569
Lovely shot Rob, love the title, I had to look at it large on Flickr to read the graffiti!
- February 9, 2018 at 7:40 am #328691
Thank you Diane. The graffiti is small in the image…glad you were able to read it.
- February 8, 2018 at 7:00 pm #328573
Made me feel a little melancholy when I first saw it. A traditional rural farming landscape dying a slow death watched over by the stark towers of technology. The old and the new side by side. That's progress I guess? Great shot! I'll try to keep believin'.
- February 9, 2018 at 7:49 am #328692
Old abandoned buildings and machinery do have that melancholy aspect for me too Graham. The good news…farmers in our area enjoy some of the richest land in the country and they put it to full use. You can't see much of this barn in the summer as the corn is over 10 feet high. They also receive some ridiculous remuneration for having those wind generators on their land.
Interesting how a photo's point of view can direct the conversation isn't it. Thanks for your thoughts and compliment.
- February 8, 2018 at 11:55 pm #328633
Very nice Rob.
- February 9, 2018 at 7:50 am #328693
Thanks Robert. It'd be better with some mountains like around your place.
- February 8, 2018 at 11:55 pm #328634
Great capture! Nice lighting … well worth the wait
- February 9, 2018 at 7:53 am #328694
Thanks Frog. I'm not done with it yet. I know the light can be better as I've seen some incredible skies there before at sunset…..just didn't have my camera…shame on me.
- February 9, 2018 at 7:54 am #328695
- February 9, 2018 at 9:36 am #328721
Thanks Tobie. I know what you mean. This old survivor is from a less mechanized area I think. We look back at it romantically but in reality they must have been back breaking days.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.