Fishies

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Lynne Guenther 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Lynne Guenther
    Participant

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Lynne, I like this a lot. The shapes, the colors, the sharpness. Print it and hang it.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Very nice Lynne. Fish tank?

Lynne Guenther
    Participant

Thanks guys! Yes, Walmart fish tank

P71
    Participant

A new species and still firing lovely photos , striking colours everything works really well.

Thanks a lot for sharing this one , nice work.

Tom M
    Participant

I know this is not the ST, but the smaller fish is very blurred, and the angle it is positioned at is just not pleasing to the eye at all. Sorry for the negative comments…

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Tom, I just like it very much that the smaller fish is blurred….

Lynne Guenther
      Participant

The smaller fish is very far behind the larger fish, I wish that separation showed and I'm not exactly sure why it doesn't. It does look as if they are on the same plane. I have one other of two fish (bc 1 is boring to me) that I'm also on the fence about, but I can seperate and manipulate their positions easier so I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Beautiful image Lynne. I like the bright colours against the dark background. Just curious – where did you shoot this? 🙂

Graham Hart
    Participant

Beautifully crisp, sharp image Lynne. The colours really pop against the black BG. I think the blurred fish provides just enough context to make this more than just a fish pic. Lacking any emotional connection, a fish ‘out of water' needs something else to capture our imagination and I think the movement conveyed through the DOF does this nicely.

Lynne Guenther
      Participant

Thanks, that's what I was going for.. Some bit of story rather than portrait.o I'm not thrilled with it but for a situation I couldn't control, it's acceptable. The other is only acceptable as well but easier to manipulate so I'll see where my creativity takes me when I'm up for it.

Frank
    Participant

I think the separation does not show because there is no space between the fish, but I think this look just adds to the mystery.  (never knew Walmart had fish)   Nice eye, Lynne!

Lynne Guenther
      Participant

Thanks Frank. They don't have a very large selection, and maybe not all Walmart's have them

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.