- March 12, 2019 at 10:45 pm #395219
- March 13, 2019 at 12:40 am #395224
Love this image Robert. Beautiful photo of Molly and I like the high key effect it has 🙂
- March 13, 2019 at 10:54 am #395310
- March 13, 2019 at 7:50 am #395285
A great subject for high key photography 🙂
- March 13, 2019 at 10:55 am #395311
Thanks for your comments Jasenka.
- March 13, 2019 at 12:24 pm #395317
Great shot Robert. As I have said many times “The more people I meet the more I like my dogs!”. This photo shows how much we love our pets.
- March 13, 2019 at 12:37 pm #395320
Thanks John, I tend to prefer animals to people in general, they don't tend to have personal agendas and I have never known one to lie.
- March 13, 2019 at 6:14 pm #395357
Molly is beautiful Robert, thanks for sharing her.
- March 14, 2019 at 10:26 am #395492
- March 13, 2019 at 6:28 pm #395361
Nice one. I know its a high key treatment but still, it makes me think about how life is somehow aware of it's surrounds. The science of camouflage. Why aren't polar bears black type of thing. Molly looks like she belongs there.
- March 14, 2019 at 10:31 am #395493
Thanks Graham, and you are more right then perhaps you know, she is white and light tan and the scene was of course white snow but with light tan dry grass, almost exactly the same color as her sticking up through the snow in places, top it off with flat light from a cloudy overcast day and she almost disappeared when she layed in the snow.
Made the perfect storm for a high key image.
- March 13, 2019 at 9:13 pm #395382
Very nice image that tells a wonderful story of your Molly. The high-key treatment is purposeful and well executed.
- March 14, 2019 at 10:31 am #395494
- March 14, 2019 at 5:03 pm #395543
a very pretty girl!
- March 14, 2019 at 5:17 pm #395545
- March 14, 2019 at 9:26 pm #395571
Well conceived, great job in post. Really looks like a drawing.
I'm curious: did you take the shot, then think of the high key approach, or did you have that in mind all along?
- March 15, 2019 at 1:12 pm #395708
Thanks Allen, I actually took a couple shots of her in normal mode and after looking at them on the LCD screen switched over to High Key and shot some in that mode, I touched it up slightly in camera raw.So I didn't start out with that in mind but I did recognize the potential mid shoot.
- March 15, 2019 at 8:07 pm #395775
Oh Robert!!…………………im at least as pleased as vu!!
just fantastic man………….should be displayed on several walls 🙂
- March 15, 2019 at 11:01 pm #395859
- March 15, 2019 at 10:43 pm #395855
Must be something wrong with my eyes because I'm having a hard time seeing very much in this image. Getting too old I guess.
- This reply was modified 2 days, 11 hours ago by Roger Wehage.
- March 15, 2019 at 11:04 pm #395860
Maybe the contrast on your screen is too high or it is too bright, Its definately much harder to see on my business computer which has a Samsung High Contrast Magic Bright Screen on it.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.