- February 16, 2019 at 12:00 pm #390783
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM +1.4x III
We only have one type of humming bird in Canada so I was interested in the three different ones we found in Costa Rica. This is just a bird in flight but I'm still interested in how the sharks will rip into it.
- February 16, 2019 at 2:32 pm #390796
WOW, this shot is extremely nice, and absolutely fantastic! thanks for sharing it with us Rob. I'm sorry that I don't have anything to rip off of it, maybe because I'm not an expert in wild-life photography so I should guess that composing such a tiny and unpredictable being must be very hard to achieve in such a good way.
- February 16, 2019 at 4:58 pm #390846
- February 16, 2019 at 3:19 pm #390839
To blur or not to blur is the prevailing argument. I think you made a great middle-of-the road compromise. The wings are blurred just enough to imply motion but not so much as to obliterate profile. Great job.
- February 16, 2019 at 4:59 pm #390847
Thank you Roger.
- February 16, 2019 at 4:43 pm #390844
Rob, very nice! We have 3 types here too and this motivates me. Did you replace the BG or is it natural?
- February 16, 2019 at 5:03 pm #390848
Thank you Lenny.
We were lucky to have an outdoor kitchen perched on the top floor of a house overlooking the tropical southern jungle so the greenery in the background is original. I'm pretty happy with how the BG blurred at 560mm.
- February 16, 2019 at 5:07 pm #390850
Wow Rob you nailed this one! So very well done. Sorry but no negative comments from me.
- February 16, 2019 at 6:11 pm #390853
- February 16, 2019 at 6:15 pm #390856
No shark gonna feed on this fella. Spot on nice work and certainly way beyond my skill level with a camera. Frame it and hang it I reckon.
- February 17, 2019 at 8:33 am #390926
- February 16, 2019 at 6:16 pm #390857
This is really nice Graham- isn't amazing how the feathers on humming birds feathers look almost like scales?
- February 17, 2019 at 8:34 am #390927
Thanks Graham..ahh errr .. Tom. 🙂
- February 16, 2019 at 7:07 pm #390864
If you want ST, I would add just a tiny little bit of canvas to give the bird some more space.
- February 17, 2019 at 7:50 am #390919
I wondered if the crop was a bit tight. I wanted the bird to dominate but I may have gone a bit too far. These little guys are like helicopters…they dart off in any direction.
- February 16, 2019 at 7:21 pm #390866
Great shot, Rob! I had in mind to suggest a little more space for the bird to fly into. However, having seen Erik's bigger addition, I think that he is right.
- February 17, 2019 at 7:51 am #390920
Thank you Jim.
- February 18, 2019 at 11:44 am #391176
Fabulous. As good as it gets!
- February 18, 2019 at 1:02 pm #391191
Thanks Kent. And thank you for the POTW mention.
- February 18, 2019 at 8:43 pm #391236
Rob i hate to follow others so no………………………….superb!! 🙂
- February 19, 2019 at 8:01 am #391307
Thank you Duncan.
- February 19, 2019 at 1:30 am #391243
- February 19, 2019 at 8:02 am #391308
Thanks for adding to the momentum Physics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.