Just another moon shot

Home Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Just another moon shot

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tobie 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Tobie

Taken a few minutes ago. Just for fun – and to say I have also done it with my Tamron 150-600mm G2.

Moon

• This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  Tobie.

Tersha
    Keymaster

Really good moon shot Tobie, the Tamron lens did well!

Tobie

Thanks @tersha! I want to see if I can repeat it tonight with different settings and my crop sensor camera (converting the f/l to a perceived 220-900mm).

Robert Apple
    Participant

Yes Very Nice Tobie, I really need to get that Big lens on My Wife's and do some astro photography, wish that 2000 mm would fit on mine.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Very crisp. Are those footprints I can see?

Tobie

Thanks Graham! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Love this Tobie. The details are amazing. Would like to also see how the images turned out in the crop sensor camera! ๐Ÿ™‚

Tobie

Thanks Dahlia! Will post them as soon as I've taken them!

Graham Hart
    Participant

By way of comparison for fun, thought I'd post this moon image. It was taken about 15 years ago on my old Nikon N2000 film camera hooked up to a telescope I had at the time,ย via an adaptor on the telescope's eyepiece. Not quite as sharp as yours Tobie…

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Graham Hart.

Tobie

I think it's all about PP'ing Graham. I've turned mine to B&W in LR. Then in PS I've added one round of sharpening and used luminosity masks to obtain higher contrast between the lights & darks.

I've tried the same treatment of yours. Unfortunately the amount of noise does not allow additional sharpening but it should give you an idea of what similar treatment does to your shot.

Grahams moon shot

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

>
Skip to toolbar