- January 1, 2018 at 12:58 pm #318289
- January 1, 2018 at 4:09 pm #318309
Really good moon shot Tobie, the Tamron lens did well!
- January 1, 2018 at 11:19 pm #318337
- January 2, 2018 at 12:55 am #318370
Yes Very Nice Tobie, I really need to get that Big lens on My Wife's and do some astro photography, wish that 2000 mm would fit on mine.
- January 2, 2018 at 5:36 am #318543
Very crisp. Are those footprints I can see?
- January 2, 2018 at 1:32 pm #318796
Thanks Graham! 🙂
- January 2, 2018 at 4:04 pm #318843
Love this Tobie. The details are amazing. Would like to also see how the images turned out in the crop sensor camera! 🙂
- January 3, 2018 at 12:03 am #319124
Thanks Dahlia! Will post them as soon as I've taken them!
- February 2, 2018 at 4:27 am #327260
By way of comparison for fun, thought I'd post this moon image. It was taken about 15 years ago on my old Nikon N2000 film camera hooked up to a telescope I had at the time, via an adaptor on the telescope's eyepiece. Not quite as sharp as yours Tobie…
- This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Graham Hart.
- February 2, 2018 at 9:52 am #327288
I think it's all about PP'ing Graham. I've turned mine to B&W in LR. Then in PS I've added one round of sharpening and used luminosity masks to obtain higher contrast between the lights & darks.
I've tried the same treatment of yours. Unfortunately the amount of noise does not allow additional sharpening but it should give you an idea of what similar treatment does to your shot.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.