• Author
      Frank
      Participant
        • Allows Edits: Yes
        @klingon

No Achievements Yet!

Allows Edits? Yes

Hi to All.

Despite the fact that my father was an avid photographer I had little interest until I reached my mid 50s some ten years back. My enthusiasm lessened over the last couple of years because my eyesight was deteriorating but having recently had cataract surgery in both eyes the world of photography has become an obsession again, particularly as I am retired and have the time to indulge my hobby.

The first photo that I can remember that had an impact on me was the Pulitzer Prize winning picture of 9 year old Kim Phuc fleeing from a napalm attack in Vietnam taken by Nick Ut. It is perhaps one of the most haunting, confronting images I have ever seen. Anyone who ever contemplates going to war should spend time looking at this pic so that they know what terror and pain are, so that they know what they are about to undertake. No I am not naive enough to believe that there are not times when self defence may require going to war in the face of a tyrant, but this pic shows the real consequence for real people.  And real children suffer.

Tobie
          @tobiepsg
          • Contender Icon
          • Throwdowner Icon
          Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome at LS, Frank! I see that you’ve posted a nice shot or two already, so well done!

Yea as much as war is sometimes needed, it has no winners. It’s no-one’s friend!

Dahlia Ambrose
          Keymaster
            • https://www.instagram.com/livingsta/
            • https://www.flickr.com/photos/livingsta/
            @dahliaambrose
            • Photo of the Week Winner Icon
            • Mobile Maestro Icon
            • Member’s Pick Icon
            • Throwdowner Icon
            Allows Edits? Yes

Welcome to the forums here Frank. Good to have you here 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Author