Lightroom CC Classic…. Lens Correction Question

Home Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Lightroom CC Classic…. Lens Correction Question

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bucweeet 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

bucweeet
    Participant

I know that the latest version of Lightroom CC has changed the user interface with regards to both how it functions as well as the layout for the user interface.  But….

I'm wondering if the Lightroom CC Classic's Lens Correction panel has the same set up as versions of LR prior to going to the Cloud?

This is the ‘Basic' panel in LR v6:

bucweeet
    Participant

and this is a screen shot of the ‘Manual' panel in LR v6:

Are these panels still in LR CC Classic, or have they been changed/removed as well?

Thanx for the help.

Graham Hart
    Participant

I'm using version 2018 and there are only two tabs on the lens correction panel.

Manual:

Graham Hart
      Participant

…and Profile:

bucweeet
        Participant

Thanx Graham, would you happen to know if you're using the LR CC, or LR CC ‘Classic'?

I'm trying to figure out the difference between the two, if there is a difference that is.

Graham Hart
          Participant

As part of the bundle package, you get both versions (as well as Photoshop). For the price of one cup of Cappucino per week it's ridiculously cheap. I pay $14AU per month. I haven't really explored the Cloud version yet as I use the Classic CC version mainly. I had a quick look at LR CC when I first signed up and it does have different functionalities to LR CC Classic but it seemed to be a slightly cut-down version of Classic at first glance. I think it's main power is in the inter-connectability it provides with your phone, laptop etc. You can access your pics from anywhere, anytime on any device type of thing.

Others can speak from experience which I don't have yet with the cloud version but as I say, it all comes together in the bundle. Do yourself a favour!

Graham Hart
        Participant

The Transform function now has it's own panel.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Here's a collection of the RH panel list in LR CC with each one expanded to give you an idea of the controls. This is pretty much everything that LR CC does as far as I can tell. The LH panel is very basic for file selection etc. Nowhere near as complicated as LR Classic CC's LH panel.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Hi Paul, this is how the Lens corrections panel looks in Lightroom Classic CC (version 8.2). It is the same as what Graham has shown.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Lightroom CC is almost the same as the mobile version of Lightroom. Here is how the screen looks. It is a bit limited, for example, does not support the use of brushes

bucweeet
    Participant

Graham, Dalia;  Thank you very much for the help. It's greatly appreciated.

Graham Hart
      Participant

To distill it down, I think LR CC is geared toward the pro photographer, designer, Ad man etc so that they can access and work on their projects anywhere, anytime.

eg: A guy takes and edits a pic in say New York, flies to an Ad agency in London then accesses the image through the cloud (LR CC) on one of their computers (or his own laptop) and makes final adjustments on the spot.

For the average person at home on a desktop or laptop, LR Classic CC is the better option I believe.

bucweeet
    Participant

Actually the LightRoom (LR) works – slicker – than that Graham….

3-4 years ago I watched Jared Platt on Creative Live's Photoshop Week. Jared is more or less – a Lightroom Guru. During his presentation he was:

Using LR for – his – photo shoot using a camera “Tethered” to LR (the camera is physically connected to the PC and viewed in LR);

Meanwhile in another city – his client had their Artistic Director (AD) monitoring the shoot (I imagine via the Cloud). As this was happening, the AD made a few adjustments to the image using Lightroom Processing.

Once the AD's adjustments were made, and  as Jared watched what s/he was doing and then -> Jared made – a preset – of the AD's adjustments. So with the preset now applied in LR – when each – new photo was taken – the AD's preset was – applied automatically to the image immediately after it was shot.

As the shoot continued, if the AD felt a different adjustment had to be made, Jared would make another preset of those adjustments, which were then applied to the next bunch of shots.  All of this was done – real time.

Additionally, Jared uses an external agency for ‘basic' processing of the images before he adds his final touches. He uses the cloud so that the external agency can access, then edit the images, and then returns the edited images to the Cloud for Jared.

Overall, it was very impressive, especially considering this was 3-4 years ago.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.