- March 3, 2019 at 8:19 pm #393384
I posed a Suggestion to Rob and the other members here about a new pinned post that kind of relates to the shark tank rules. I know we have photo of the week and often runners up listed, and Kent pretty regularly has guest Judges to vary the opinions of the pics chosen, but sometimes some really good photos that others really enjoyed get left out, or there is that photo that gets in the Shark tank you are not supposed to drool over but it is so damn good you want it to be recognized and you break the rules, we have had a few of those lately.
I wasn't thinking of replacing the POTW by any means, that would still be the hallmark of recognition, just the addition of a members picks section, a place to reference what you might consider a five star photo.
So how about a pinned sub forum in general photo chit Chat for “Members Picks” as a sub category, Similar to how Throwdowns is set up, If you see something in the tank you really like and want to recognize, but don't want to break the rules, or any other out standing photo you could post a link there with your puddle of drool, or just a note saying did you see this in this forum, for those not that adept at posting links.
It could be a gathering place , sort of a one stop shop for newbies and seasoned members to see just what kind of talent is involved here as well.
Rob's Reply to this was as such.
There is always a bit of a tendency to look to the tech or the owner to make these things happen. But you guys ARE the community. You are far more able than me to make things like this happen.
Rustle up 5 people to agree to do this and watch it become part of the group behavior. I am happy to help as one of those 5.
I am in for this to help moderate this as well, do we have any others that would be interested in helping out?
- March 3, 2019 at 8:41 pm #393386
i like this idea. some weeks i have very little time to peruse the forums so it would be nice to see the highlights. i can help out, but i'm not always available.
- March 4, 2019 at 12:02 am #393407
Cool Beth, just need 2 more victims.
- March 4, 2019 at 12:34 am #393410
Sounds like a cool idea to me…
- March 7, 2019 at 5:20 pm #394277
- March 7, 2019 at 5:22 pm #394279
- March 4, 2019 at 9:53 am #393489
I like the idea. Kent
- March 7, 2019 at 5:23 pm #394280
- March 4, 2019 at 10:02 am #393494
Looks like you have your quorum Robert but count me in.
- March 7, 2019 at 5:17 pm #394274
- March 4, 2019 at 10:20 am #393496
I think this is a great idea! I, for one, would love to see it implemented.
- March 7, 2019 at 5:21 pm #394278
- March 4, 2019 at 12:29 pm #393541
A great idea Mr Apple – you have my support !
- March 7, 2019 at 5:18 pm #394275
- March 4, 2019 at 1:42 pm #393553
- March 7, 2019 at 5:19 pm #394276
- March 4, 2019 at 8:34 pm #393605
Amazing how an Apple can add gravity to an idea. Over to the science department now!
- March 4, 2019 at 9:02 pm #393619
please tell me he didn't fall out of a tree and smack you on the head, or if he did that someone has photos.
- March 4, 2019 at 10:19 pm #393621
Graham can be entertaining at times!
- March 4, 2019 at 11:39 pm #393625
I think the boys cheese has done slid off his cracker.
- March 5, 2019 at 8:55 pm #393780
It's true, I do see the world through a different lens.
As old Granny Smith used to say, “Grab your Fuji and capture that Golden Delicious sunset”. She was a sweet old Pink Lady who loved a Royal Gala especially if there was Jazz playing.
I suspect she was distantly related to the Apple family?
- March 7, 2019 at 3:59 pm #394268
Graham, that's just got me giggling ! 🙂 🙂
- March 7, 2019 at 4:00 pm #394269
Robert, if you need any more help, I'll join in.
- March 7, 2019 at 5:14 pm #394273
- March 9, 2019 at 4:38 pm #394605
I'm really excited about this one!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.