- May 13, 2019 at 9:25 pm #405500
Members reference what you might consider a five star photo. Give a call out to the photographer and share their photo even if it lies in the Shark Tank and feel free to give a Critique on why it trips your Trigger.
- May 14, 2019 at 3:56 pm #405676
I really like this one from Graham. Nice portrait mode landscape that is very pleasant to the eye.
- This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by John Thompson.
- May 14, 2019 at 4:07 pm #405679
Agree John, it's a really lovely shot!
- May 15, 2019 at 12:47 am #405736
I missed this in my late night travels on the site, really nice photo.
- May 15, 2019 at 1:56 am #405759
- May 15, 2019 at 9:33 am #405830
- May 17, 2019 at 3:41 am #406230
Agree – lovely shot !
- May 18, 2019 at 7:57 pm #406585
Thanks everyone. Happy that it even worked because I was flying blind with the ND filter (confession; took about 25 shots to get a keeper 🙂 )
- May 14, 2019 at 4:01 pm #405678
- May 15, 2019 at 12:45 am #405735
Yep, there may just be a reason she wrote a flower photography guide for photozy.
- May 15, 2019 at 9:33 am #405831
Very nice. Leanne has an amazing eye for flower photography.
- May 15, 2019 at 7:55 pm #405915
Love this image too – stunning capture
- May 17, 2019 at 2:30 am #406207
Thank you Diane!
- May 17, 2019 at 3:42 am #406232
Great choice Diane ! Stunning image, in spite of the droplets !
- May 18, 2019 at 8:00 pm #406586
Beautiful pic Leanne. DOF, compo, light….perfect.
- May 15, 2019 at 6:12 pm #405896
- May 15, 2019 at 6:59 pm #405902
- May 15, 2019 at 8:05 pm #405917
I too love this image by Kent – the tones, colors, shapes and POV all work to create a visually strong image!
- May 20, 2019 at 8:57 am #406754
- May 16, 2019 at 11:12 am #406051
Its definitely interesting in a good way Kent, are those you toes ? Maybe you should start a foot throw down, that could make for some interesting Photos.
- May 20, 2019 at 8:58 am #406755
Yes, those are my toes. We were on holiday at Lake Superior.
- May 16, 2019 at 4:15 pm #406090
My attempted toe nail polish humor aside this shot has a lot going for it.
- May 20, 2019 at 8:59 am #406756
- May 18, 2019 at 8:03 pm #406587
Loved it from the get go. As the choreographer said to the dancer…”nice foot work” 🙂
- May 20, 2019 at 8:59 am #406757
LOL! You always have the best comments Graham.
- May 19, 2019 at 12:03 pm #406669
Kent, definitely a TOP SHOT!
- May 20, 2019 at 8:59 am #406758
- May 15, 2019 at 8:03 pm #405916
I love this image by Craig in the weekend challenge, to me it is very captivating… he is a talented artist and photographer! Love the composition and the black background makes the colors pop … the light painting captures all the main points superbly– well done!
- May 16, 2019 at 11:14 am #406054
Its almost like an old black light poster, this is a cool shot.
- May 16, 2019 at 12:05 pm #406063
Good to see you posting Again Frog, its been a while.
- May 16, 2019 at 9:43 pm #406135
Thank you Robert 🙂
- May 16, 2019 at 4:08 pm #406087
Agree Frog, it's a really good shot!
- May 16, 2019 at 5:04 pm #406095
Love this image, great mood. I agree about the black light poster!
- May 18, 2019 at 8:04 pm #406589
Love the way the art of painting is expressed in this pic without any distractions.
- May 15, 2019 at 10:16 pm #405955
There are two photos i thought were really great and each came from a Throwdown – the first is by ElinL – spring in north or fall in south – absolutely Spring Innocence! want this lamb frolicking in my back yard!
- May 16, 2019 at 11:02 am #406042
This is truly a lovely picture!
- May 16, 2019 at 11:13 am #406053
The Photo just oozes cute.
- May 16, 2019 at 4:08 pm #406088
- May 16, 2019 at 9:48 pm #406137
Agree this is a great capture ElinL – such a sweet face … so adorable
- May 17, 2019 at 3:41 am #406229
Thank you all. My aesthetic sense is getting suffocated by cuteness these days – be prepared – more to come Lol
- May 18, 2019 at 8:05 pm #406590
Missed this one before but what a heart melting pic. Love it Elin.
- May 15, 2019 at 10:18 pm #405956
second is by Anne Hornsby – throwdown – no longer seaworthy – to me this is an awesome photo, i want to say piece of art – print it, frame it, hang it.
- May 16, 2019 at 11:03 am #406043
- May 16, 2019 at 11:16 am #406058
I like this as well, being a gear head I love old machinery and this shot was well executed.
- May 17, 2019 at 3:44 am #406233
Great choice Dorothy ! Stunning image.
- May 18, 2019 at 10:29 am #406507
Thanks, Dorothy! and thanks Kent, Robert, Elin. Robert, I also love old machinery, though often can't find ways to make them interesting photographs! (But that doesn't stop me from having a large folder full of gear …)
- May 18, 2019 at 8:11 pm #406591
Love this too. The stories they could tell, the characters that inhabited these old vessels, the seas they encountered….so much past history wrapped up in a sand-bound carcass.
The wife's off to see Aladin The Musical today and I've been planning all week to head out to an old ships graveyard north of Adelaide to try and get a shot for this throwdown. Weather ain't looking to good so fingers crossed I get something.
- May 21, 2019 at 1:54 pm #406955
That's a great image Dorothy. You capture it very well!
- May 16, 2019 at 9:27 pm #406133
Chosen just cos I like it. Does one need more reason? By Bert in Photo Chit Chat.
- May 17, 2019 at 10:36 am #406282
I like this one very much as well! It has a unique mood, which is accentuated by the woman's eyes being closed. Works perfectly in black and white.
- May 18, 2019 at 8:14 pm #406592
Great choice Billy and great pic bert. True street photography to my eyes with a strong story open to interpretation.
- May 19, 2019 at 11:26 am #406666
Thanks Billy and of course Kent and Graham, always pleasant so see a photo connects for whatever reasons, in that respect I like your reason best Billy 😉
- May 21, 2019 at 1:59 pm #406956
Great choice billyspad! The lady with her melancholy look (if one wishes to choose to call it that) brings life, mood and maybe sadness to what could be considered an ordinary street scene. Well done Bert!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.