Mobile Monday Challenge – 11th March 2019

Home Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Mobile Monday Challenge – 11th March 2019

Tagged: 

This topic contains 48 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Frank 3 days, 17 hours ago.

• Author

Usual rules. Open Topic. All images submitted must be taken on the sensor of a mobile device, and any editing done on a mobile device (smart phone or tablet).

Lace Monitors. iPhoneX SOOC.

The lace monitor or lace goanna is a member of the monitor lizard family, Australian members of which are commonly known as goannas. It belongs to the subgenus Varanus. Lace monitors are the second-largest monitor in Australia after the perentie.

Untitled

Erik Fransman
      Participant

They have a good life David, (p)laying in the sand all day.

Robert Apple

I believe these were Lace Monitors from the original news paper story. I think they over dramatize it a bit at the end of the video, but hey, that's what television is for.

Roger Wehage
    Participant

iPhone 6s Plus Coconino National Forest near Sedona, AZ. Edited in Photos with Mono filter.

Roger Wehage
    Participant

iPhone XR edited in Photos with Silvertone filter.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Roger Wehage.

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Homeless, Galaxy S7, Vignette, bit blur

Robert Apple

If only he had a tin cup sitting in front of him.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Great shot Erik!

Tersha
      Keymaster

Wonderful Erik!

JasenkaG
      Keymaster

Great shot! I love the body posture of this toy – an utter despair!

Roger Wehage
    Participant

Secured behind black doors with no handles and black fences with small cracks, the promised land is but a dream.

Frank
      Participant

To continue Roger's story, maybe crop the left side right at the end of the iron fence. But, maybe the partial house with the bike out front gives the saddened bear a ray of hope.

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Eyes

iPhone 8+ and processed in Snapseed and Instagram. Strange moments are my specialty…

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Love it. Great family!

Robert Apple

What in the world is going on here Kent.

Kent DuFault
        Participant

My wife is using a ‘sauna blanket'. It gives you the effect of being in a sauna… when you don't have one. The mask is a skin treatment. My wife has trouble with her skin, and the mask helps her. She wears it for something like 20 minutes every evening. The cat is there because the sauna blanket gets very warm.

chris pook
          Participant

Epic!  You guys should come live here.  It's living in a sauna for 6 months of the year.  🙂

Robert Apple

Ok, I thought you and your wife had a Role Play Alien Abuction Senario running and you decided to photograph it.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Love it! 🙂

Kent DuFault
        Participant

Thanks Diane.

Frank
          Participant

Hi Kent, with “strange moments your specialty”, you nailed this one!

Shorebird
    Participant

Many a US Naval Academy slipperier din 'after hours' through this back door to Bancroft Hall.

Shorebird
    Participant

The ‘Backdoors to Bancroft Hall on the grounds of the United States Naval Academy. Thousands of upperclassmen slipped though them after weekend curfew.

Frank
      Participant

Was recently reading a book on B&W photography.  Three elements needed for a successful conversion from color:  1 directional lighting with plenty of highlights and shadows   2  Plenty of surface texture  3  A histogram that indicates a broad, sweeping level of brightness values across all the zones (of the Zone System)   author Kent DuFault  ebook Better Black and White

Can only guess your histogram, but you have 1 and 2 IMO!

Tersha
    Keymaster

Thistle mantid

Thistle mantid

Thistle mantid

iPhone 6s+, Snapseed

Laurel-Anne
    Participant

iPhone 5s – SOOC. Any guesses as to who has been harassing my cattle?

Kent DuFault
      Participant

That is VERY strange.

Robert Apple

Roger may have nailed it , a large Raptor nailing a rabbit,were there more tracks, looks like some bunny tracks may be present. I used to see stuff like this a lot, the only signs present were from the bird, it was usually due to Owls  who would hear mice and voles moving through the grass under the snow .

Roger Wehage
    Participant

Eagle snatching a rabbit? Eagles will attack calves and other small animals, even a human or child. Buzzards may inadvertently kill newborn calves. They first go for the afterbirth and then may go for the calf's eyes.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 12 hours ago by  Roger Wehage.

Laurel-Anne
    Participant

Lots more raptor impressions around, bald eagles to be precise, but this is the most impressive one. No evidence of small game. They were definitely watching my cattle and are prime suspects in a calf death.

There were several of them feeding, and my suspicion is that this impression results from a fight amongst themselves.

Frank
      Participant

The streak marks must have been form the wing tips, but there are no foot prints of any animal leading to the spot.  Could a small rodent have been below the snow and its movement spotted by the raptor?  Laurel-Anne, your suspicions are a logical explanation!

John Thompson

Taken with my iPhone 7 Plus edited in PS.

When I went by here about 45 minutes before this it was dry.  When I came back this is what I saw.  No I wished I would have waited there to see the stream fill.

Kent DuFault
      Participant

Beautiful shot John!

Robert Apple

Very nice John, I could spend hours at a scene like this

Random lizard in Yangon

E. Q. de Souza
    Participant

Car made out of wood, iPhone 8plus, Edited with PS Express.Wood Car

Karen Coleman
    Participant

Luna ParkLuna Park Sydney taken with Samsung S8 with a little of help from Snapseed – grunge

Tom M
    Participant

Leaf In a Rusty Puddle…

Samsung J7, edited in snapseed.

Roger Wehage
      Participant

Tom, that's creative. Your leaf sort of reminds me of me; we survived the winter and now we're about to push up daisies.

Frank
    Participant

Wow, all these photos above give credence to the axiom, “The best camera you have is the one in your hand”.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.