- May 28, 2019 at 6:22 am #408066
- May 28, 2019 at 6:23 am #408067
- May 28, 2019 at 6:51 am #408069
Thank you for sharing these, your macro photography is really stunning 🙂
- May 29, 2019 at 12:02 am #408207
Thank you 🙂
- May 28, 2019 at 7:16 am #408074
Two more wonderful captures Lynne. No.1 is my fave.
- May 29, 2019 at 12:02 am #408208
Thanks Rob 🙂
- May 28, 2019 at 7:51 am #408077
Agreed thanks for posting these Lynne , lovely details and the lighting.
- May 29, 2019 at 12:03 am #408209
- May 28, 2019 at 11:22 am #408104
Great Photos Lynne, I spent a entire summer photographing these little buggers for Colorado State Universities Entomology Dept in a contest they had documenting dragonflies in a study on how many species there were in Colorado, I remember I found over 200 different variations, I think the final number was over a 500, It wasn't so much about the quality of the photos though.You're inspiring me to get out and shoot some though, now that my skills have improved a little. I did get second prize in the contest though which was a top of the line Kodak digital camera, as I remember it shot .5 megapixels.
- May 29, 2019 at 12:04 am #408210
Wow! They are definitely interesting little creatures!
- May 28, 2019 at 12:05 pm #408108
Wow. Nature is amazing, eh? I love the exquisite detail of the body parts in the 1st image.
- May 29, 2019 at 12:05 am #408212
Sooooo amazing! Thanks!
- May 29, 2019 at 12:07 am #408213
Great photo's Lynne. Maybe we need a dragonfly/damselfly throwdown?
- May 29, 2019 at 1:51 am #408237
Lynn: Beautifully done. The green palette and details on the second one is stunning.
- May 29, 2019 at 2:32 pm #408375
- May 29, 2019 at 1:17 pm #408366
Wow Lynne, these images are great. I love the second one with green leaves as it is very pleasing to the eyes and I love the lighting in that image 🙂
- May 29, 2019 at 2:33 pm #408377
- May 29, 2019 at 4:15 pm #408396
Those are amazing! You must have some patience to wait for these flighty little creatures to hold still. The first one looks like he is smiling for you!
- May 29, 2019 at 10:18 pm #408463
Thanks, it's mostly just knowing where to look
- May 30, 2019 at 1:04 am #408487
Wow, that first is awesome! I think you are gaining a reputation as the “dragonfly lady”…
- May 31, 2019 at 5:30 pm #408704
lol, the funny thing is Tom…I took my first dragonfly pic a couple of weeks go and I've only ever taken the 5 I've posted here. But I do love macro…insects, flowers, fish, whatever…but also landscape
- May 30, 2019 at 9:10 am #408512
You definitely have a way with bugs! Very nice! The lighting and technical quality of your insect photography is quite stunning.
- May 31, 2019 at 5:30 pm #408705
Thanks very much Kent!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.