More dragonflies

Home Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat More dragonflies

This topic contains 25 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Lynne Guenther 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author

Lynne Guenther
    Participant

Lynne Guenther
    Participant

JasenkaG
    Keymaster

Thank you for sharing these, your macro photography is really stunning ๐Ÿ™‚

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Two more wonderful captures Lynne. No.1 is my fave.

P71
    Participant

Agreed thanks for posting theseย Lynne , lovely details and the lighting.

Robert Apple

Great Photos Lynne, I spent a entire summer photographing these little buggers for Colorado State Universities Entomology Dept in a contest they had documenting dragonflies in a study on how many species there were in Colorado, I remember I found over 200 different variations, I think the final number was over a 500, It wasn't so much about the quality of the photos though.You're inspiring me to get out and shoot some though, now that my skills have improved a little. I did get second prize in the contest though which was a top of the line Kodak digital camera, as I remember it shot .5 megapixels.

Lynne Guenther
      Participant

Wow! They are definitely interesting little creatures!

Anne Hornsby
    Participant

Wow.ย ย  Nature is amazing, eh?ย  I love the exquisite detail of the body parts in the 1st image.

Great photo's Lynne. Maybe we need a dragonfly/damselfly throwdown?

Dorothy
    Participant

Lynn: Beautifully done. The green palette and details on the second one is stunning.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Wow Lynne, these images are great. I love the second one with green leaves as it is very pleasing to the eyes and I love the lighting in that image ๐Ÿ™‚

Bruce Gordon
    Participant

Those are amazing! You must have some patience to wait for these flighty little creatures to hold still. The first one looks like he is smiling for you!

Lynne Guenther
      Participant

Thanks, it's mostly just knowing where to look

Tom M
    Participant

Wow, that first is awesome! I think you are gaining a reputation as the “dragonfly lady”…

Lynne Guenther
      Participant

lol, the funny thing is Tom…I took my first dragonfly pic a couple of weeks go and I've only ever taken the 5 I've posted here. But I do love macro…insects, flowers, fish, whatever…but also landscape

Kent DuFault
    Participant

You definitely have a way with bugs! Very nice! The lighting and technical quality of your insect photography is quite stunning.

Lynne Guenther
    Participant

Thanks very much Kent!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.