old boats ..

Home Photography Forums The Shark Tank old boats ..

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  caimi 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

gaganpreet
    Participant

used grainning in it .

James
    Participant

I think you put too much grain in as it just looks like a badly tuned analogue tv…

dial it back a touch and try to bring out more detail in the sky and I think you might have something much more interesting…

I assume the boats are the main focus? A lower angle or more foreground might help the eyes settle on the boats.

hope that helps.

gaganpreet
    Participant

is it better @jimeuph1 ?

Jonathan
    Participant

Neither are well processed I'm afraid. The first has coloured noise, which just looks terrible. On the scond it looks like you've smoothed it all out, not sure why.

The colour of the image is good, and I like the composition. If you do want to add noise (which is fine, I like adding noise to certain images) make sure you add monochrome noise, not full colour, and you dial it back while viewing your image at 100% so you don't overdo it.

It's a nice image, don't wreck it with poor editing work…

Mary Anne
    Participant

I like the composition, although it could probably be improved with a bit more foreground, and the colors are great, but even with the reduced graininess the boats just sort of mush up into one long strip of varying colors, even in the enlarged image.

gaganpreet
    Participant

i tried my best keeping things in mind. @jonathantimar @jimeuph1

gaganpreet
    Participant

i tried my best keeping things in mind. @jonathantimar @jimeuph1

caimi
    Participant

Out of the four I like the smooth one best. Even the abstractness of the boats though In agree they are mushed up.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.