Old Camera Gear

Home Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat Old Camera Gear

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dahlia Ambrose 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Graham Hart
    Participant

I met a bloke recently who is selling off all his old camera gear. Cameras, lenses, developing equipment, enlarger etc. I ended up buying his studio lighting stuff including strobes, stands, light screens etc. I took a quick snap of a couple of his cameras to see if anyone knew their worth. I think he wants about $1500AU for the Mamiya RB67 but no idea what the Zenza Bronica is worth. Too much for my budget ayway 🙂

John Thompson

Graham do a search on eBay of the equipment you want to price.  I use eBay and Amazon to price check things I am interested in.  I have found Amazons prices on some things cheaper that Sam's Club.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Thanks John will do.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Did an eBay check and the Mamiya he expects to get $1500 for was on eBay for $400!

Kent DuFault
        Participant

I thought that seemed quite high for a very old model film camera. Back in the day, the Bronica was the “poor man's” Hasselblad. Certainly not a bad camera… but not built to the same level as the Hasselblad.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  Kent DuFault.

What did you end up getting @diripics?

Graham Hart
      Participant

I think I may have paid above the going rate but too late now. I ended up with;

• 2 x inca 101ST Aluminium light stands.
      • 2 x Flash Studio SLS-3001ML studio strobes with sync cable. (1/4, 1/2, full switch)
      • 1 x SLS-3000C studio strobe (1/4, 1/2, full switch)
      • 1 x small lastolite grey/white reflector
      • 1 x TB-200/U tilt bracket w/umbrella holder
      • 1 x SB-300M soft box (30cm x 30cm)

Dahlia Ambrose
        Keymaster

Graham, are you setting up a studio at home?

Graham Hart
          Participant

Its a long term plan but yes Dahlia. I really want to do some portrait photography but probably won't happen for a while. Just stockpiling equipment for now. Too many projects and so little time at the moment.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.