Origins of Driftwood

Home Photography Forums The Shark Tank Origins of Driftwood

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Apple 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Frank
    Participant

Thought I saw an alligator type creature in the large log until I zoomed in and only saw a log!

Robert Apple

That is an interesting log Frank, I would crop in tighter on it, especially behind it, and use the selective brush in light room or camera raw to bring out more detail in just the log , use clarity, detail, saturation, and a bit of contrast, all sparingly to make it pop.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Wow Frank, it does look like an alligator 🙂

Frank
    Participant

Well, I was hoping to create a story of an eroding coast resulting in the falling of trees onto the beach and eventually into the sea.  Of course, I happened to be standing on the Washington coast and lines of huge driftwood trees lining beaches for miles.

Federico Alegria
    Participant

Nothing to critique here or comment but whoah, that log really looks like a croc!

Graham Hart
    Participant

Absolutely looks like like a croc and the other thing looks like an arm reaching out from the water to grab those bits of branches.

Robert Apple

Not Sure how many pixels you have to work with Frank, this was where I was going.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.