Overloaded!

Home Photography Forums The Shark Tank Overloaded!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Federico Alegria 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

When we were sitting at a sidewalk cafe my wife spotted this one.  I had just finished shooting a stationery subject so the settings are not what I would have picked but I kinda like the way it turned out.  1/100, 17mm, f3.2, iso 250.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

I thought Mexico passed a helmet law.

A good clean composition Lenny. This is a scene that's fairly common in Playa. I've seen the family pet on board too.

As for ST I think it could stand a bit tighter crop. Sorry that's all I've got.

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

Hi Rob and thanks for your comments.  You travel in Mexico often enough that you should know better than to ask about following laws.  Yes there is a helmet law… and your point is? Ja, ja, ja!   There is also a seat belt law but I can't remember the last time I could even find a seat belt in a taxi 🙂   The stuff they fit on motorcycles is unbelievable, I have attached another.

Even though I wear a camera around my neck or turned on but in a stealth bag almost all the time it's hard to catch this kind of shot especially without traffic and not have them all giving you a thumbs up or the peace sign.  I liked the groceries hanging from his arms.

I will try cropping a bit more from the right but I want to leave plenty of space for their faces.  I should put my wife's name on this because she wanted to stop there for an adult beverage and then spotted them coming down the street.

Rob Eyers
      Participant

I guess the policia are more lax on the west coast. In the Yucatan even the little kids are wearing helmets now. I've even seen one on a dog.

My cropping thought was to take a bit off the bottom actually.

Looks like the last guy is headed for Looney Bean Coffee Shop.

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

Rob,   while out and about this AM I kept track of helmets in use here and I would say it's about 50/50 at best.

I started cropping and ended up cropping more than a bit and like this much better.  The background isn't that exciting.  “If your pictures aren't good enough, your not close enough”.

I go to the Looney Bean several times a week in the off season.  How do you know about?

Rob Eyers
      Participant

Yeah I like this crop better as well Lenny.

Although I'm tempted to say something all knowing about the Looney Bean I have to admit I looked it up. Actually I was checking to see if there was an AH CACAO (a Playa favourite). When there wasn't one I thought the Looney Bean sounded like it would be a good spot. Off season is the best!

Federico Alegria
    Participant

This is a typical scene in my country too, there is nothing else to add here mate. The processing is just too harsh for my taste, but that is just a personal point. About the two versions, I'm more into the first crop, the wider one.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.