POTW – December 4, 2017

Home Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat POTW – December 4, 2017

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Falxy 10 months ago.

• Author

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Hanging out to dry in the rainforest

This was the week of awesome wild and domestic animal photos. Cindy Mulvihill pulled a fast one on me, because she uploaded a beautiful, and quite artistic, shot of a screech owl at rest in the knoll of a tree. I say, “Pulled a fast one”, because I try not to give the POTW to the same person two weeks in a row. You know… spread the love around. But… it was really tempting; her shot is quite exquisite. Tobie has been uploading some amazing lion pictures. However, I happen to know that he is on safari, and I'm going to cling onto his POTW, (that I already know that he is going to win at some point), until he comes home and reveals everything. So, that brings me to Erik and Elin. Erik uploaded a cat portrait that is a real winner, an award winner really, because it is such an unusual pose for a cat, that is (additionally) captured in ideal lighting. As a cat lover, I personally cannot stop looking at it. But, in the end, I gave the edge to Elin, because her shot of the toucan is also quite unusual, and it probably has more universal appeal to all of the Lightstalkers that will look at it. I also have a real affinity for well done Minimalism. That doesn't take anything away from Erik's picture (or the others). I think they are all amazing. I'll post links to all the mentioned photos below. Congrats to Elin.

• This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Kent DuFault.
    • This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Kent DuFault.

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Kent DuFault
    Participant

@tersha or @admin – links don't seem to be working. I don't know why. Also, the POTW in the sidebar, on only the forums list page, isn't updating. The photo that appears there is from 2 or 3 weeks ago. Yet, the correct one appears on all of the other forum pages. Weird stuff.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Kent DuFault.

Tobie

It sounds like I've missed out on a few great shots during my ‘out of contact' time Kent!

This is certainly one of the world's most beautiful birds the world has to offer! Well done Elin and great choice Kent!

Well done to all of the other mentions too! Specially love the owl but I'm totally biased towards nature shots! 😉

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Perfectly deserved, great picture Elin.
    Kent, thanks for the mention and the kind words.

The links do not open, but you can copy/paste them. Just select the link and paste in the browser. That works.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

I’ve enjoyed all of the images that Kent has mentioned. Congratulations to you Elin for POTW and to all the honourable mentions as well.

Tersha
    Keymaster

Wonderful shot Elin, congrats on POTW!
    And I love all the other images that Kent mentioned, difficult week for choosing Kent! 🙂

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

All these are awesome images. Congratulations on POTW Elin 🙂

Cindy Mulvihill
    Participant

Great photo Elin, congrats on POTW.

Frogdaily
    Participant

Congratulations @elinl on POTW! Well deserved!  A lot of Amazing Shots this week!

ElinL
    Participant

Thank you for choosing my image Kent, actually it was a pleasant surprise.
    How did you know it was my birthday ?
    Joke !
    But it was and it felt like a big birthday present 🙂

Cindy´s owl image is simply gorgeous, I keep coming back to it.
    Tobie´s lions are magnificent – so it´s just to wait for more.
    Erik´s cat is a treat for us cat lovers.

Thank you Rob, Diane, Cindy, Frog, Erik, Dahlia and Tobie for kind comments.

@kent @tersha – The link issue should be fixed now!

Erik Fransman
      Participant

Admin, dou you mean with new posts? Because in this one it is not fixed yet.
      Thanks for working on it anyway. Thanks for keeping the site in good shape!

Tersha
      Keymaster

The links above aren't working for me…. 🙁

Clear your cache folks, they're working from here (and presumably for the coders in the US who fixed them).

Erik Fransman
      Participant

In most browsers, you can clear the cache from the Privacy or History area in the Settings or Options menu, depending on the browser, of course. Ctrl+Shift+Del works with most browsers as well.

Falxy
    Participant

got a couple of probs with this image….to much blue,lack of detail in the shadows,more colour in the colour…oops thats 3.also background wishywashy sort of dull……………….but you know I love the compo….image has strength……deserved congrats!! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

>