- February 18, 2019 at 12:12 pm #391183
WOW! This HAS been the MOST difficult week ever- to select the POTW.
I seriously just couldn't decide.
Finally, I said- just go with the photograph that moves you the most, and I selected Jasenka's image titled, “Abandoned Amphitheater”.
This shot really touches me deep down inside my artistic self. I can literally see the ghosts floating in the scene.
Something about it is just really special. It's one of those moments where everything came together perfectly.
That being said…
My runner-up list is long this week, because I really feel that these images deserve recognition of some kind.
There were even more… but I didn't want the list to get embarrassingly long!
Before I go on, congratulations Jasenka on a really really exquisite shot!
I do highly suggest that you check out the “Weekend Photography Challenge #420 Doors, Gates and Fences” post, as it is filled to the brim with amazing photography!
So… in no particular order here are the runner-ups. I will post links below.
Humming Bird #1 by Rob Eyers. Bird photography perfection!
Cuba #2 by Maureen Photograph. This was a serious contender. I would hang this in my home, and I wasn't even there.
Liquid Luminescence (4th image) by David Chesterfield. Visually beautiful. Creatively stunning. Technically challenging. I could on. We are early into 2019, and at some point this year, one of these will be the WINNER.
Dave & Susan by Michael. Much like Jasenka's photograph, this shot spoke to me and touched me. It's really well done, and I wanted Michael to know that I felt much emotion from his shot.
- February 18, 2019 at 12:19 pm #391187
- February 18, 2019 at 1:04 pm #391192
Congratulations Jasenka! Loved this one and it's gravity the moment I saw it.
Congrats to Maureen, David and Michael…really enjoyed your images.
Thank you Kent for the mention.
- February 18, 2019 at 1:17 pm #391194
Very cool- loved the mood in this photo…
- February 18, 2019 at 2:32 pm #391196
Congrats Jasenka. Well deserved! Kudos to Rob, Maureen, David (of course) and Michael. Well done all of you.
- February 18, 2019 at 3:48 pm #391199
- February 18, 2019 at 4:36 pm #391205
Whoaaa, congrats mate!
- February 18, 2019 at 5:13 pm #391214
- February 19, 2019 at 12:44 am #391242
This gives me the creeps. I think that’s the reaction you intended. Very thought-provoking and imagination stimulating image.
- February 19, 2019 at 4:11 am #391256
Congrats Jasenka. I got a different kind of feeling from this shot because it invoked a sense of ‘people' as well as ‘place' from a distant past. I can imagine the place crowded with people as I look on as an invisible ghost. Well deserved POTW.
- February 19, 2019 at 4:18 am #391257
I'm very happy that Kent chose Janeska's image because otherwise I would have missed it.
Congrats Janeska – well deserved.
The other images are also very strong contenders. Well done everyone!
- February 19, 2019 at 5:28 am #391277
Well done to all and special congrats Janeska
- February 19, 2019 at 5:32 am #391279
Thanks everyone 🙂
- February 19, 2019 at 8:40 am #391321
Jasenka, I love it. Simple as that. Congratulations.
- February 19, 2019 at 9:56 am #391339
Congratulations and two thumbs up. Excellent choice for POTW. High fives to Rob, Maureen and David.
- February 19, 2019 at 6:51 pm #391406
Very, very nice!
- February 19, 2019 at 10:58 pm #391443
Well deserved Jasenka.
- February 20, 2019 at 7:20 am #391554
Congratulations Jasenka on POTW 🙂
- February 22, 2019 at 1:35 am #391855
Great shot, Jasenka. I love the moodiness. It strikes me as sad and beautiful. Congrats on POTW!
- February 22, 2019 at 6:26 am #391889
Thank you once again guys 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.