POTW – February 18, 2019

Home Photography Forums Weekend Photography Challenge POTW – February 18, 2019

This topic contains 19 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  JasenkaG 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Kent DuFault
    Participant

WOW! This HAS been the MOST difficult week ever- to select the POTW.

I seriously just couldn't decide.

Finally, I said- just go with the photograph that moves you the most, and I selected Jasenka's image titled, “Abandoned Amphitheater”.

This shot really touches me deep down inside my artistic self. I can literally see the ghosts floating in the scene.

Something about it is just really special. It's one of those moments where everything came together perfectly.

That being said…

My runner-up list is long this week, because I really feel that these images deserve recognition of some kind.

There were even more… but I didn't want the list to get embarrassingly long!

Before I go on, congratulations Jasenka on a really really exquisite shot!

I do highly suggest that you check out the “Weekend Photography Challenge #420 Doors, Gates and Fences” post, as it is filled to the brim with amazing photography!

So… in no particular order here are the runner-ups. I will post links below.

Humming Bird #1 by Rob Eyers. Bird photography perfection!

Cuba #2 by Maureen Photograph. This was a serious contender. I would hang this in my home, and I wasn't even there.

Liquid Luminescence (4th image) by David Chesterfield. Visually beautiful. Creatively stunning. Technically challenging. I could on. We are early into 2019, and at some point this year, one of these will be the WINNER.

Dave & Susan by Michael. Much like Jasenka's photograph, this shot spoke to me and touched me. It's really well done, and I wanted Michael to know that I felt much emotion from his shot.

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Congratulations Jasenka! Loved this one and it's gravity the moment I saw it.

Congrats to Maureen, David and Michael…really enjoyed your images.

Thank you Kent for the mention.

Tom M
    Participant

Very cool- loved the mood in this photo…

John Thompson

Congrats Jasenka.  Well deserved!  Kudos to Rob, Maureen, David (of course) and Michael.  Well done all of you.

Tersha
    Keymaster

Congrats on POTW Jasenka! Great shot with a lot of feeling.

And really good images, Rob, Maureen, David and Micheal!

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Tersha.

Federico Alegria
    Participant

Whoaaa, congrats mate!

beth
    Participant

congrats jasenka!

Gray B
    Participant

This gives me the creeps.  I think that’s the reaction you intended. Very thought-provoking and imagination stimulating image.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Congrats Jasenka. I got a different kind of feeling from this shot because it invoked a sense of ‘people' as well as ‘place' from a distant past. I can imagine the place crowded with people as I look on as an invisible ghost. Well deserved POTW.

Bobbie
    Participant

I'm very happy that Kent chose Janeska's image because otherwise I would have missed it.
    Congrats Janeska – well deserved.
    The other images are also very strong contenders. Well done everyone!

billyspad
    Participant

Well done to all and special congrats Janeska

JasenkaG
    Keymaster

Thanks everyone 🙂

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Jasenka, I love it. Simple as that. Congratulations.

Dave Watkins
    Participant

Congratulations and two thumbs up. Excellent choice for POTW.  High fives to Rob, Maureen and David.

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

Very, very nice!

Robert Apple

Well deserved Jasenka.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Congratulations Jasenka on POTW 🙂

LeanneC
    Participant

Great shot, Jasenka. I love the moodiness. It strikes me as sad and beautiful. Congrats on POTW!

JasenkaG
    Keymaster

Thank you once again guys 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.