- February 5, 2018 at 12:51 pm #327978
There were A LOT of pictures uploaded this week. That always makes this POTW choice so difficult.
I was quite enamored with a shot by, Sven Midensol, that was uploaded into the monotone/duotone challenge. It depicts a young girl, in a crowd, looking upward and reaching for something. I found the situation, the background, the crowd's expressions, and in particular the expression and body language of the girl quite fascinating. However, there was something that didn't quite resonate with me. It felt as if the story was incomplete. So, I mention it here, because it is worth your time to go look at it.
When there is so much competition… I often resort to asking myself… Okay… what have I not seen before? Or, what have I not seen recently? Or, is this a common subject that has been depicted in a unique way?
Given those thoughts, I have awarded the POTW to Frogdaily for her product shot of the gold heart shaped necklace that was uploaded into the “Reflections” challenge.
We don't see a lot of still life (outside of Valerie) or product shots here.
My background in commercial photography helps me to realize the difficulty level in achieving this type of image. It's evident to me that she put a great deal of care and effort into the creation, (especially the lighting), of this photograph.
She has produced a product shot that any commercial studio would be happy with.
Congratulations to Frogdaily for her POTW!
- This topic was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Kent DuFault.
- February 5, 2018 at 12:54 pm #327980
- February 5, 2018 at 1:37 pm #327986
Still Life is my fav genre to photograph myself and I love this pic. It's so nice to see it as your choice Kent and my hearty congratulations to Frogdaily !
- February 5, 2018 at 2:15 pm #327993
Congrats Frog and Good Choice Kent, wondered what you were going to do this week , too many nice photos to mention them all.
- February 5, 2018 at 3:03 pm #327995
Hey Frog's, I've missed this one – very nice indeed and worthy of POTW! Well done!
- February 5, 2018 at 4:12 pm #328002
Beautiful shot Frog, congrats on POTW!
- February 5, 2018 at 5:09 pm #328015
Congrats on POTW Frog! Well deserved. And I am glad it is here, as I may have missed it entirely (I rarely get to see all the posts).
- February 5, 2018 at 5:13 pm #328016
Nice shot, beautifully lit, well-done Frog and congratulations.
- February 5, 2018 at 5:45 pm #328019
- February 5, 2018 at 6:00 pm #328024
Congratulations Frog. Very nicely executed.
- February 5, 2018 at 6:45 pm #328033
Wow! I was totally not expecting this, so many wonderful photos this week … thank you so much Kent for choosing my photo and for your kind words – made my day … very much appreciated. Thank you all for your kind comments, I am truly humbled!
- February 5, 2018 at 7:08 pm #328037
Wonderful picture, Frogdaily. You really knocked this out of the park.
- February 5, 2018 at 9:54 pm #328055
Congrats Frogdaily, beautiful study, The colours really jump out and say ‘look at me' against the dark bg. I guess you couldn't ask for more in a product shot.
- February 5, 2018 at 11:02 pm #328060
Ann Braun WheatleyParticipant
Wow Frogdaily! I hadn’t see your copper and bronze jewelry image. The light sets it off perfectly. Congratulations!
- February 7, 2018 at 5:01 am #328267
Thank you so much everyone for your kind words
- February 7, 2018 at 6:42 am #328286
Congrats Frog ! Beautiful image – well deserved !
- February 8, 2018 at 7:47 pm #328582
- February 10, 2018 at 7:58 am #328881
Congrats Frogy. Love the lines BOOM
- February 11, 2018 at 9:42 pm #329051
Thank you all so much for your kind words ????
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.