POTW – February 5, 2018

Home Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat POTW – February 5, 2018

This topic contains 20 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Frogdaily 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Kent DuFault
    Participant

There were A LOT of pictures uploaded this week. That always makes this POTW choice so difficult.

I was quite enamored with a shot by, Sven Midensol, that was uploaded into the monotone/duotone challenge. It depicts a young girl, in a crowd, looking upward and reaching for something. I found the situation, the background, the crowd's expressions, and in particular the expression and body language of the girl quite fascinating. However, there was something that didn't quite resonate with me. It felt as if the story was incomplete. So, I mention it here, because it is worth your time to go look at it.

When there is so much competition… I often resort to asking myself… Okay… what have I not seen before? Or, what have I not seen recently? Or, is this a common subject that has been depicted in a unique way?

Given those thoughts, I have awarded the POTW to Frogdaily for her product shot of the gold heart shaped necklace that was uploaded into the “Reflections” challenge.

We don't see a lot of still life (outside of Valerie) or product shots here.

My background in commercial photography helps me to realize the difficulty level in achieving this type of image. It's evident to me that she put a great deal of care and effort into the creation, (especially the lighting), of this photograph.

She has produced a product shot that any commercial studio would be happy with.

Congratulations to Frogdaily for her POTW!

• This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Kent DuFault.

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Sven Midensol Photograph

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Kent DuFault.

Tersha
      Keymaster

Really good and interesting B/W shot Sven, well worthy of a mention!

Sven Midensol
      Participant

Thanks for the mention!

Congrats to Frogdaily!

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  Sven Midensol.

Eileen Thompson
    Participant

Still Life is my fav genre to photograph myself and I love this pic. It's so nice to see it as your choice Kent and my hearty congratulations to Frogdaily !

Robert Apple
    Participant

Congrats Frog and Good Choice Kent, wondered what you were going to do this week , too many nice photos to mention them all.

Tobie

Hey Frog's, I've missed this one – very nice indeed and worthy of POTW! Well done!

Tersha
    Keymaster

Beautiful shot Frog, congrats on POTW!

LeanneC
    Participant

Congrats on POTW Frog! Well deserved. And I am glad it is here, as I may have missed it entirely (I rarely get to see all the posts).

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Nice shot, beautifully lit, well-done Frog and congratulations.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Congratulations Frog. Very nicely executed.

Frogdaily
    Participant

Wow! I was totally not expecting this, so many wonderful photos this week … thank you so much Kent for choosing my photo and for your kind words – made my day … very much appreciated.  Thank you all for your kind comments, I am truly humbled!

logos189
    Participant

Wonderful picture, Frogdaily. You really knocked this out of the park.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Congrats Frogdaily, beautiful study, The colours really jump out and say ‘look at me' against the dark bg. I guess you couldn't ask for more in a product shot.

Ann Wheatley
    Participant

Wow Frogdaily! I hadn’t see your copper and bronze jewelry image. The light sets it off perfectly. Congratulations!

Frogdaily
    Participant

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words

ElinL
    Participant

Congrats Frog ! Beautiful image – well deserved !

Nancyka
    Participant

Congrats Frog!

ndjetfan
    Participant

Congrats Frogy. Love the lines BOOM

Frogdaily
    Participant

Thank you all so much for your kind words ????

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

>