POTW – January 1, 2018

Home Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat POTW – January 1, 2018

This topic contains 16 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  LeanneC 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Everlasting Beauty

Well, it's a new year. I wonder what beautiful and intriguing photographs 2018 will bring to this forum? We will start off the year with LeanneC as our POTW winner. Her beautifully captured flower photograph, can show us a ray of hope as we move forward into 2018. Leanne posted her photograph in the thread that was titled “Weekend Photography Challenge #363 Favourites!” I suggest that you spend some time looking at the entire post, as there are quite a few amazing shots included. Congratulations to LeanneC as our first POTW winner in 2018.

ElinL
    Participant

Stunning image Leanne – congrats on POW – well deserved. Good choice Kent !

Tobie

You've got my vote for this one Kent – well done Leanne!

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Beautiful image and congratulations on POTW Leanne 🙂

Tersha
    Keymaster

Beautiful Leanne, really well deserved POTW, congrats!

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Very Nice, good start of 2018!

Graham Hart
    Participant

Sweet as. Draws my eye outwards from the rear of the picture to the front sharp detail.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

I know it's a flower Leanne but the word “delicious” says it for me. Lovely start to 2018 …..Congratulations!

Bobbie
    Participant

Congrats Leanne!
    Perfect choice Kent. I loved it when I first saw it in the challenge forum.

Very nice @leannec

LeanneC
    Participant

There were so many amazing photos on that thread. I am very honoured to have mine chosen as photo of the week. Thank you Kent and all the above for the kind words.

This surprised me, as I had been on Light Stalking a couple of times today but did not see it until just now when I scrolled all the way to the end of a thread (I am on an iPad).

This photo is special for me, as it was one of the first I took with my new Tamron lens (up until my recent purchase, I would borrow a friend's). I had been thinking about this shot for awhile, in anticipation. Extra special for me that you all like it too.

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

Lovely!

Mistyisle
    Participant

Excellent choice, Kent.  Congratulations, Leanne!  Additionally it is an inspirational image – an image like this gets me fired up and wanting to go out and try something similar. First time I have seen this as have been away from home with some limitations on my viewing and ability to respond.

LeanneC
      Participant

Mistyisle – thank you for the very kind words. That my photo gets someone “fired up” is so exciting for me as I feel that way about many of the great photos that I see in light stalking. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos now that you are back home. Happy New Year!

Stewart
    Participant

Always a big fan of Macro… just enough blurred image to reference the subject, and just enough in focus to frame it and pull conception of the subject. Bravo Leanne. Nice result. Well done!

LeanneC
      Participant

I appreciate your comments, Stewart. Thanks so much. And Happy New Year!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

>