POTW – June 10, 2019

Home Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat POTW – June 10, 2019

This topic contains 21 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Rob Wood (Admin) 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Our POTW winner is Charmain Joubert aka @joubie.

Her stunning image was the first post to the Weekend Photography Challenge #438 Motion.

As I contemplated what to say about this remarkable photograph – that is filled with energy and harmony- it occurred to me that some of you already said it best.

Here are some of the comments from the post.

GrayB – “Clouds or ocean, actually it doesn't matter,   There is a lot of peace in this long exposure capture Charmaine and that makes me feel good.  Beautiful.”

Michael – “Amazing dreamlike image. I really like this!”

Mistyisle – “Simply beautiful and serene, Charmaine!  Maybe the best of this type of image that I have seen..”

JasenkaG – This is a real abstract gem    Thanks for sharing this wonderful image.”

That pretty much covers it in my opinion!

Congratulations to Charmaine for her POTW winning photograph!

I had two other photographs that were close, and I believe they deserve your attention.

The first was created by SethL. It was posted in the Mobile Monday Challenge. Seth showed some really creative thinking in this shot that was created with a mobile phone camera.

The second was titled “Make-up Artists” by Lenny Wollitz. Most of us here are aware of Lenny's fantastic street photography. However, if you're new, or you simply missed it, check out this superb example of street photography at its best!

I'll post links to both of the honorable mentions below.

Kent DuFault
    Participant

Lynne Guenther
    Participant

Serene…. Congrats Charmaine!

John Thompson

Great photo!  Congrats Charmaine!

Kudos to Lenny and Seth.  More great work @el-dub

Dave Watkins
    Participant

Beautiful. Deserves to be on a wall. Congrats on POTW.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Very memorable image Charmain. Congratulations.

Congrats to Seth and Lenny too.

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Wow! Great image Charmain. Congratulations on POTW 🙂

Lenny Wollitz
    Participant

Charmain, this is just lovely!

Tersha
    Keymaster

Simply beautiful! Congrats on POTW Charmaine!

P71
    Participant

Thank you For setting this weeks challenge like all the others very enjoyable , Cheers LS Team ,

Congratulations Charmaine for a well deserved Winner with your gorgeous photo in this weeks challenge , Smashing abstract work.

Well done and Congratulations  to Seth and Lenny another pair of great looking shots.

BIG well done to all who took part and shared an image , our judges must have had a tough time picking with so many fantastic photos , great to see so many join in keep up the great work all.

Thanks again LS team for all the time and effort you share with us each week much appreciated.

Rusted Imaging
    Participant

Well deserved Charmaine, a stunning image.

Dorothy
    Participant

Charmaine: Lovely. Peace in Motion!

Charmaine Joubert
    Participant

What a wonderful surprise and thank you for taking the time to comment on my photo.

Graham Hart
    Participant

Congratulations on POTW Charmaine. Its a wonderfully evocative image. Suggestive and yet a mystery at the same time. Encapsulates that calmimg feeling of floating on clouds. Lovely.

JasenkaG
    Keymaster

Congrats on POTW, Charmaine! I'm totally enchanted by this photo.

Mistyisle
    Participant

Not a surprise at all that it has been chosen, Charmaine!  Beautiful image!  My original comments still stand.

Frogdaily
    Participant

Congratulations Charmaine on POTW, well deserved!

Seth, I hadn’t seen your image – love it .. congratulations

Lenny, I knew your image was something special when I saw it – you are a master at Street photography… congratulations

Bruce Gordon
    Participant

Wonder image! Well done, and congrats!

This is a contender for image of the year imho.

Anonymous

I love this shot mate💙💙💙.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.