- January 27, 2018 at 6:24 am #325965
- January 27, 2018 at 3:51 pm #326011
- January 27, 2018 at 9:39 pm #326047
Beautiful shot. One of those that just makes you want to be there. Stunning reflections have captured the colours wonderfully.
- January 28, 2018 at 4:34 pm #326160
I like the soft pastel colours in this image Allen. Beautiful 🙂
- February 4, 2018 at 11:16 am #327696
Beautiful colors 3pco!
- August 20, 2018 at 4:30 pm #360673
Stunning! The colours and ‘cottonball' clouds make this photo truly unique in its kind!
- January 27, 2018 at 11:17 pm #326060
- January 28, 2018 at 1:59 am #326076
Nice take on the theme Robert. Awesome sky. Definitely a place for reflection.
- January 28, 2018 at 4:13 pm #326147
- January 28, 2018 at 4:38 pm #326164
Gorgeous winter image. Love it Robert 🙂
- January 28, 2018 at 9:12 pm #326233
Wow I love this image. The reflection appears to have more contrast and structure than the actual scene above it. The water must have been so still. Also like the shrubbery (bottom right corner). I think it adds something by referencing the line of dry grass through the middle of the picture. I also really like the circle of trees/reflections in the middle. Great shot.
- February 4, 2018 at 11:17 am #327697
- August 25, 2018 at 9:14 pm #361480
- January 28, 2018 at 4:34 pm #326159
Lovely set of images Graham 🙂
- January 28, 2018 at 9:22 pm #326236
Thank you Dahlia. I posted them from Flickr so wasn't sure how to label them. The first one is a reflection in a puddle of water. The green shiny thing is foil I think but it had deteriorated I guess and turned green. It was the colours that attracted me.
The second one is obviously buses in a bus depot where I work. Walking through the yard I noticed the reflections in the windows – would've worked in the leading lines section too.
The third one is the floor in the re-fuelling/cleaning bay. The bus wheels sit in the ruts to guide it through the bus-wash. I saw the green tree reflected in the grimey water puddle and thought the contrasting colours were fascinating.
The last one is of a bus parked beside a huge flowering shrub. It looked like the shrub was growing inside the bus.
- January 28, 2018 at 7:14 pm #326200
Here's a fun one from the marina. Still waters are often found there in the morning during winter.
(Robert, I like the way you framed the trees.)
- January 28, 2018 at 9:29 pm #326245
Nice shot. Having transplanted my blood for sea-water back when I was a young surfie, I could look at images like this for ages. Wish I was there climbing aboard. The still waters of early morning are so calming for the soul. Good place to reflect on reflections!
- March 31, 2018 at 1:09 pm #335824
3pco, this is a tremendous reflection photograph. I really like the lines, the contrast in your black and white and the ability this image has to keep me looking. What a terrific photograph. Thank you.
- February 4, 2018 at 7:21 am #327672
- February 4, 2018 at 8:40 pm #327827
Love both of them Dianne, especially the first one. I like the way we only see the reflection and not it's source. Also another good example of ‘layering' (I made that term up) with the different bands of texture laid atop each other. Love the colouring in the reflections in the second image.
- April 4, 2018 at 11:21 pm #336499
Tersha, these two images are excellent reflections. They are both equally interesting. In the first image, the bright band of colour really makes a statement between the grass and dirt. The second image is wonderful because of the variation of the reflection. I really like both of these images. Very nice. Thank you.
- February 4, 2018 at 11:19 am #327698
- February 4, 2018 at 8:46 pm #327829
All three are stunning Frogdaily. Love the multi-coloured drops pattern against the black background in the last one.
- April 5, 2018 at 3:33 am #336530
Thank you so much Graham for your kind words
- April 2, 2018 at 9:09 am #336091
Frogdaily, wonderful images. Your reflections are wonderful, although I am in agreement with Graham, the last one is outstanding. For the first two pictures, what kind of a surface are you using, to create the reflection? For the last one, Graham said it perfectly. However did you accomplish this? Thank you for fantastic images.
- April 5, 2018 at 3:43 am #336532
Thank you so much Horatio for your kind words. I used black acrylic to help create the reflections.
- February 4, 2018 at 2:12 pm #327755
This is the Bridge of Peace, in Tbilisi, Georgia in afternoon light…
- February 4, 2018 at 10:22 pm #327854
- February 5, 2018 at 5:10 am #327923
Wow, gorgeous colour.
- February 5, 2018 at 1:03 am #327875
I don't have anything to post but beautiful shots above!
- February 8, 2018 at 8:59 am #328518
- April 2, 2018 at 9:04 am #336089
Robert, what a gorgeous sunrise or sunset. Those clouds are terrific. The colour and texture is exactly what we all are looking for.
- February 9, 2018 at 9:35 am #328720
- February 9, 2018 at 7:19 pm #328815
Kent, I'm a sucker for the ‘blood vessel-like' complexity of tree branches and the way they frame the house against the gorgeous blue sky with the little splashes of orange in the windows makes this a lovely shot. I'm guessing clear blue skies are far and few between over there at the moment? I can see the window reflections but is that light reflected on the tree trunk too?
- March 30, 2018 at 3:48 pm #335741
- March 31, 2018 at 1:13 pm #335825
Graham, great idea, reflections. What a fantastic group of reflections in this throwdown. How exciting to see all the photographs that every member has posted. Each one is a terrific as the next one. Thank you everybody for these beautiful photographs.
- April 1, 2018 at 5:18 pm #335943
Sodium Vapour Morning
- This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Horatio Hadley.
- April 2, 2018 at 2:46 am #335987
Terrific shot Horatio. Love the atmosphere from the light in this pic. Might have called it ‘Purple Haze'.
- April 2, 2018 at 3:00 pm #336203
This is really nice , love the color and the haze.
- April 2, 2018 at 4:58 pm #336220
Thank you so much, Robert. I appreciate your comments.
- April 3, 2018 at 4:12 pm #336363
Love the golden glow Horatio. Was it reflection of the light from Sodium vapour lamps?
- April 3, 2018 at 5:18 pm #336375
Yes, this was the actual colour of the sodium vapor lamps. There was a little fog, which added to the glow. What made it very difficult for me, was the fact that some of the fishing vessels had these incredibly, blown-out bright, LED lamps, aimed right at the camera. It would have been easier if some of you could have been at the harbour with me, so that I could have picked your brains. Next time.
- April 4, 2018 at 1:47 pm #336471
- April 2, 2018 at 9:01 am #336088
Thank you Graham. I like that name. This harbour was located on the Oregon coast.
- April 2, 2018 at 12:45 pm #336173
One more from that same harbour.
- This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Horatio Hadley.
- April 4, 2018 at 9:40 pm #336495
Love the eerie vibe- beautiful
- April 4, 2018 at 11:22 pm #336500
Thank you so very much Angie. I appreciate you saying so.
- April 6, 2018 at 3:48 am #336661
Gorgeous image Horatio. What settings did you use for this shot if I may ask?
- April 13, 2018 at 10:51 am #337407
Absolutely Graham, the camera settings were: ISO 64, 30mm, f/8.0, at 8.0 seconds. I am thinking this was taken with the Nikon D-810.
- April 4, 2018 at 4:48 pm #336487
- April 4, 2018 at 6:51 pm #336488
Rob, this is gorgeous. I love the the clouds in the sky and those reflections, plus I really think the roof with the red, and the red reflection create interest. Very nice. Thank you.
- April 6, 2018 at 3:51 am #336662
Terrific shot Rob. This throwdown was from a couple of months ago but seems to have had a rebirth. Like you said, great images abound.
- April 5, 2018 at 3:42 am #336531
- April 5, 2018 at 10:22 am #336575
David, what a perfect reflection. You are so very creative. I really like this image because of the soft sky and the focused texture of the feather. Thank you for a terrific image.
- April 6, 2018 at 3:53 am #336663
A seamless reflection. Very soft and textural David. Love it.
- April 5, 2018 at 7:54 am #336564
A Common Moorhen snapped this morning. It reminded me of this throwdown.
- April 5, 2018 at 10:25 am #336577
Tobie, your bird images are absolutely wonderful. The red on this birds head and his legs and feet create interesting features. What a fantastic reflection. Thank you for a great image.
- April 5, 2018 at 11:54 am #336589
Thanks Horatio! I'm still not sure of the crop but I guess it does qualify as a ‘reflection' shot! 🙂
- April 6, 2018 at 4:09 am #336664
Certainly does Tobie. That rock reminds me of a brain or a walnut with the split down the middle.
Thought of you this morning when I saw a picture in my local paper of one of the most amazing looking birds I've ever seen. The Nicobar Pidgeon has recently been found living in North Queensland, Australia. It is a close relative of the now extinct Dodo bird. Amazing plumage. Google it!
- April 6, 2018 at 7:45 am #336681
I did google it, thanks for that Graham! The moment I saw it I knew I snapped it somewhere and then found it under my shots at one of our local bird parks. It was one of many exotic birds kept in a huge aviary (Oct 2013). It could have been edited better but it was taken in my early days of photography and I'm too lazy to re-do it now 😉
It looks better when you click on it:
- April 13, 2018 at 10:56 am #337408
Tobie, thank you for this image. What a beautiful bird, with the most gorgeous plumage. I hope they have a bunch of these birds in the aviary so that they can keep this bird from going extinct. You may not have wanted to put too much time to re-edit it, but I think you do not need to. This is a wonderful image. Thank you.
- April 9, 2018 at 7:04 pm #336963
One along shore at sunset…
- April 13, 2018 at 10:58 am #337410
This is a nice one Tom. I love the pond with all of the reflections. What a wonderful sunset. This must have been a great day for you. Terrific photograph. Thank you.
- June 13, 2018 at 1:18 am #348151
- June 13, 2018 at 1:31 am #348155
Lovely shot Lico! The reflection in the water was well spotted & photographed!
- June 13, 2018 at 5:09 pm #348255
This is a lovely image and great perspective Lico 🙂
- June 14, 2018 at 10:28 pm #348454
Great image. Has everything going for it, subject, light, colour, reflections, human element, fantastic background and on and on….
Love this to bits!
- August 18, 2018 at 7:21 am #360296
Wow, I absolutely adore this one!
- July 10, 2018 at 5:56 pm #353574
Delaware-Raritan Canal, Griggstown, New Jersey.
- August 20, 2018 at 9:19 am #360627
- August 20, 2018 at 9:20 am #360628
- August 25, 2018 at 9:17 pm #361481
- August 20, 2018 at 9:22 am #360629
Woops, sorry, one too many. Please feel free to delete.
- August 20, 2018 at 9:32 am #360633
I took this a couple of years ago at a wedding. I was attempting to show a moment of intimacy between the bride and her maid of honor by shooting from the outside looking in. I moved around trying to position the reflections so that they gave an appearance of ‘not being in the moment, but instead looking in' while still providing enough detail to make the image interesting.
- August 22, 2018 at 6:04 pm #361071
Found this photo from a while back.
- August 25, 2018 at 9:14 pm #361479
Great idea, and I really like your images, Graham. Refueling bay is very abstract, really interesting.
- August 25, 2018 at 9:57 pm #361482
- August 26, 2018 at 7:25 am #361504
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.