Reflections

This topic contains 26 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Graham Hart 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author

Graham Hart
    Participant

I seem to have taken a few shots with reflections lately. Thought it would make a good throwdown…

Reflections In A Pond

20180126_180608-01

20180126_180450-01

reflections 001

3pco
    Participant

Morning at the Harbor

Life requires water.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Beautiful shot. One of those that just makes you want to be there. Stunning reflections have captured the colours wonderfully.

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

I like the soft pastel colours in this image Allen. Beautiful 🙂

Frogdaily
      Participant

Beautiful colors 3pco!

Robert Apple
    Participant

North Park Sunset.

Some subtle reflections, though sitting there watching it in the still peace and quiet could cause one to reflect.

North Park Sunset

Graham Hart
      Participant

Nice take on the theme Robert. Awesome sky. Definitely a place for reflection.

Robert Apple
    Participant

Late Fall at Riverbend Ponds

Late Fall at Riverbend Ponds

Dahlia Ambrose
      Keymaster

Gorgeous winter image. Love it Robert 🙂

Graham Hart
      Participant

Wow I love this image. The reflection appears to have more contrast and structure than the actual scene above it. The water must have been so still. Also like the shrubbery (bottom right corner). I think it adds something by referencing the line of dry grass through the middle of the picture. I also really like the circle of trees/reflections in the middle. Great shot.

Frogdaily
      Participant

Stunning photo @robertapple!

Dahlia Ambrose
    Keymaster

Lovely set of images Graham 🙂

Graham Hart
      Participant

Thank you Dahlia. I posted them from Flickr so wasn't sure how to label them. The first one is a reflection in a puddle of water. The green shiny thing is foil I think but it had deteriorated I guess and turned green. It was the colours that attracted me.

The second one is obviously buses in a bus depot where I work. Walking through the yard I noticed the reflections in the windows – would've worked in the leading lines section too.

The third one is the floor in the re-fuelling/cleaning bay. The bus wheels sit in the ruts to guide it through the bus-wash. I saw the green tree reflected in the grimey water puddle and thought the contrasting colours were fascinating.

The last one is of a bus parked beside a huge flowering shrub. It looked like the shrub was growing inside the bus.

3pco
    Participant

Boat reflection

Here's a fun one from the marina. Still waters are often found there in the morning during winter.

(Robert, I like the way you framed the trees.)

Graham Hart
      Participant

Nice shot. Having transplanted my blood for sea-water back when I was a young surfie, I could look at images like this for ages. Wish I was there climbing aboard. The still waters of early morning are so calming for the soul. Good place to reflect on reflections!

Tersha
    Keymaster

a couple from a while back …

reflections

reflections 02

Graham Hart
      Participant

Love both of them Dianne, especially the first one. I like the way we only see the reflection and not it's source. Also another good example of ‘layering' (I made that term up) with the different bands of texture laid atop each other. Love the colouring in the reflections in the second image.

Frogdaily
    Participant

Here is a few from me from the past …

Reflection of the heart

Koalaty time

Confetti Party

Graham Hart
      Participant

All three are stunning Frogdaily. Love the multi-coloured drops pattern against the black background in the last one.

Ann Wheatley
    Participant

This is the Bridge of Peace, in Tbilisi, Georgia in afternoon light…
    The Bridge of Peace, Tbilisi

Graham Hart
      Participant

Beautiful setting Ann and great reflection.

Robert Apple
    Participant

River Bend Ponds Sunset

River Bend Ponds Sunset

Tobie

I don't have anything to post but beautiful shots above!

Robert Apple
    Participant

North Park “Hiway”

North Park "Hiway"

Kent DuFault
    Participant

This morning…

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  Kent DuFault.

Graham Hart
      Participant

Kent, I'm a sucker for the ‘blood vessel-like' complexity of tree branches and the way they frame the house against the gorgeous blue sky with the little splashes of orange in the windows makes this a lovely shot. I'm guessing clear blue skies are far and few between over there at the moment? I can see the window reflections but is that light reflected on the tree trunk too?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

>
Skip to toolbar