Rock Island After Storms

Home Photography Forums Landscape Photography Rock Island After Storms

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kent DuFault 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Tom M
    Participant

Tennessee has had a lot of rain in the past few weeks, but it's still better than snow. I'm not complaining. Knowing this, went to Rock Island State Park to see how much the waterfalls and river there was running. Hopefully it is evident in these next 2 photos just how much. Nice day to photo, being overcast,but not so nice for me. I took an 8 foot tumble onto some rocks on shore,holding a tripod and camera mounted on that. Hurt my shoulder,leg and hit my head. No major damage to me,continued on through the day. Worst of all though, was I damaged my Nikon D750, that I bought just a year ago. Have a completely dark viewfinder now, with a few other problems, so- had to send it to Nikon for repair. 🙁

Tom M
    Participant

Another from Rock Island…

Looks amazing and some great shots. I am guessing this is a pretty dangerous area when this happens?

John Thompson

Tom I know about falling.  Last year I took a tumble crawling around a wash at Red Rock.  It broke my left patella (knee cap).  It now has a crease across it!!  Lol.  Very nice captures Tom and I hope the camera repair is not to bad.

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Nice photos Tom. I like those overcast days too.

Your post reminds of being at Athabasca Falls in Alberta. I watched in horror as two individuals jumped a safety fence and walked over wet smooth rocks to the edge of death. Apparently several people are lost every year. Be careful out there.

Tom M
    Participant

Thanks Rob,John,Rob. I definitely wouldn't want to fall into this water anytime now. They'd find you miles downstream…

Tom M
    Participant

Good news, it looks like the D750 will repaired free of charge. I bought it new about 3 weeks less than a year ago, and I sent in the warranty card to Nikon when I bought it, so am a happy camper. Of course, I never mentioned to Nikon that I dropped it…

Kent DuFault
    Participant

I'm sorry to hear about your fall Tom. I'm glad to hear that you're okay.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.