- December 29, 2016 at 10:44 pm #286433
- December 30, 2016 at 1:20 pm #286476
Beautiful photos. Especially like the first one.
- December 30, 2016 at 11:50 pm #286508
Thank You Karen
- December 30, 2016 at 11:49 pm #286507
- January 1, 2017 at 4:47 pm #286582
All great shots Robert!
- December 31, 2016 at 9:47 am #286536
- January 1, 2017 at 4:49 pm #286583
That's a lot of snow Chris, reminds me of when I live up a track and had a landrover!
- January 3, 2017 at 11:34 pm #286885
LOL, Looks like the road up to my place 8 months out of the year. Makes me wish I had a Video of us driving it in the PT Cruiser.
- January 4, 2017 at 12:02 am #286908
We got both trucks bogged in and had to walk off. It was fun really, and not too far. The locals went up the hill and came back with the two trucks… go figure… skill I guess!
- January 1, 2017 at 4:44 pm #286579
- January 3, 2017 at 11:36 pm #286888
- January 3, 2017 at 11:47 pm #286898
- January 4, 2017 at 12:14 am #286913
I don't remember it Steve, but tis a cool Photo I can relate too.
- January 8, 2017 at 3:36 am #287246
- January 14, 2017 at 2:53 am #287893
Those are gorgeous, Robert. Really like the perspective and sky in the second shot.
- January 14, 2017 at 3:05 am #287895
This is one from downtown Merritt, B.C. – Spirit Square is a spot where outdoor communities events occur. Every winter they dress it up with a Christmas tree. We have lots of country music murals around town – to recognize artists who have played a local music festival over the years (anyone know who this one is?). The flakes were coming down hard the evening I took this one:
- January 14, 2017 at 3:08 am #287896
- January 14, 2017 at 7:43 am #287902
- January 19, 2017 at 1:01 am #288303
???? I was! First time using “hot paws” (I shoved them in my boots). They are going into my winter photography kit now.
- January 15, 2017 at 3:16 am #287941
I just love these shots Leanne
- January 19, 2017 at 1:02 am #288304
Thanks Robert. It is all melting now ????
- March 19, 2017 at 7:50 pm #293576
- March 20, 2017 at 10:35 am #293645
Great shot. I feel your pain, Robert. I am ready for spring now. Bring it on Mother Nature!
- January 1, 2018 at 1:16 pm #318292
Time to dig out the snow throwdown again…we have plenty of the white stuff where we are. And I was finally able to capture some of it with my macro lens…
Not as pretty in this form but definitely interesting – these are called “needles” and “columns”
And these are “rimed” snowflakes…they look the way they do because of little droplets of water that have frozen all over them:
Happy New Year all! Hope you all have an amazing year in 2018
- January 1, 2018 at 2:47 pm #318298
Absolutely Stunning images Leanne, amazing variety… but my favorite is the first one … the detail you got in the snowflake and the texture of the material they are laying on with the fibers around them – to top it off the colors complement each other so well – awesome Macro shot, great composition and lighting… POTW in my opinion!
- January 1, 2018 at 3:32 pm #318304
Thanks so much Frog! That photo was my first attempt at “stacking” in a snowflake photo and I was quite happy with the results. Unless you are shooting a snowflake flat (especially larger ones) it is very hard to get everything in crisp focus. This is actually four photos stacked and blended. I am excited to try more of this in my macro photography.
- January 2, 2018 at 4:01 pm #318841
Wow, stunning images Leanne! 🙂
- January 3, 2018 at 12:08 am #319149
Love'em! Well done!
- January 1, 2018 at 2:59 pm #318299
As always, very nice Snow Photos Leanne.
- January 1, 2018 at 3:33 pm #318305
Thanks Robert. I thought it was time to revive your challenge. I am sure you have some snow too! Bring on the snow photos!
- January 1, 2018 at 3:35 pm #318306
- January 2, 2018 at 12:58 am #318376
- January 2, 2018 at 8:20 pm #318964
- January 3, 2018 at 1:44 am #319268
Very magical Elizabeth 🙂
- January 3, 2018 at 12:12 am #319153
Nice shots above! Snow is a no-no in the province I stay in and in fact a rare commodity in our country, except for our mountainous regions. I think I have seen snow twice in my 60 year old life! 🙂
- January 4, 2018 at 12:21 am #320171
Have you got any frost in an old freezer you can fake it with.
- January 4, 2018 at 12:23 am #320172
- January 7, 2018 at 3:52 am #322000
Hope you North American types are all safe and well and wrapped up for the weekend. Keep hearing about 1 in 30 year events, snow bomb storms, and -50 wind chill. Brrrrrr.
looking on the bright side, snow scenes landscapes are cheap in on ink for printing. 🙂
- January 7, 2018 at 8:13 pm #322205
The thing about being in the cold is it's pretty easy to warm things up ,for me the heat is miserable, it's not near as easy to cool down. I'll take these ice crystals any day over the desert.
- January 13, 2018 at 12:42 am #323532
-50+ with no wind chill in '86. My folks have photos of me outside playing…I was wearing a balaclava! We were holidaying at our cabin…no “running” water and my mom put foam on the outhouse seats so that the cold didn't bite quite so much when we really had to go! It felt like an adventure. We heated with wood. It was all good. These winters aren't SO bad. LOL! And yes Chris, winter pics are easy on ink too! I'll have to see if I can dig out a photo for throwback Thursday.
- January 13, 2018 at 12:46 am #323533
- January 13, 2018 at 1:18 am #323537
Wow, these are so beautiful Leanne 🙂
- January 13, 2018 at 1:28 am #323538
Thanks Dahlia! I now have a piece of glass out on the deck all of the time, in the hopes of catching a flake. My daughter was looking for her coat and I had to admit that I was using it as a “snow catcher” on the deck the other day. LOL!
- January 15, 2018 at 7:42 am #323900
I just spent some time lost in your snowflake images on Flickr Leanne. Really lovely work!!
- January 15, 2018 at 10:44 am #323926
Thank you Rob. I am loving the snow this year. And we sure have enough of it!
- January 13, 2018 at 10:51 pm #323631
- January 13, 2018 at 10:54 pm #323632
- January 14, 2018 at 12:47 am #323673
That's gorgeous Robert. Beautiful colours and light 🙂
- January 14, 2018 at 10:42 pm #323863
- January 14, 2018 at 1:02 am #323677
Gorgeous. Love how the pattern of the clouds and the snow clumps on the sage (?) are similar. That looks like a heavy wet snow to me.
- January 14, 2018 at 10:41 pm #323862
Thanks Leanne, Sage and Buck Brush.
- January 17, 2018 at 12:54 am #324195
- January 17, 2018 at 1:02 am #324196
You should call it that Leanne, “Snow People”.
I didn't really see that on flikr but now that is is suggested. “Pretty Cool”
- January 17, 2018 at 3:04 am #324219
Yes, definitely Leanne. It's “Pariedolia” and I love the light in the image 🙂
- January 17, 2018 at 9:52 am #324274
They look like they're trying to get a tan 🙂
- January 18, 2018 at 5:49 pm #324557
Haha! for sure, Rob!
- January 20, 2018 at 3:40 pm #324851
- January 21, 2018 at 12:26 am #324915
- January 21, 2018 at 12:32 am #324917
Makes me smile.
- January 22, 2018 at 10:41 pm #325168
- January 23, 2018 at 10:15 am #325251
We had a blizzard last night.
- This reply was modified 11 months ago by Kent DuFault.
- February 12, 2018 at 7:27 pm #329184
Here is a strange one – this is snow that fell on a clear, sunny day. It was -14 Celsius out and the ice crystals were forming in the air (called Diamond Dust). I wish I had gotten a good shot of them in the air but these ones landed on our vehicle (and melted very quickly) so I couldn't resist!
This was handheld, as I didn't have my tripod on me. I braced one arm on the windshield but I was very pleased that my morning coffee worked and I wasn't too shaky.
- February 14, 2018 at 4:44 pm #329374
Actually amazing! Handheld? Incredible image with a 90mm lenses and without tripod!
- February 15, 2018 at 1:59 am #329421
Haha! Yes, not too bad, eh? I get some good macros with that lens, but never handheld. This might lead to me trying it again…which will most likely lead to bad photos!
- February 15, 2018 at 1:38 pm #329453
I take too much coffee to fix firmly my camera with my hands :p. I have a version of the TAMRON 90mm, It's a great lens! I used it with extension tubes for macro (2:1)… but now my camera's lens anchorage fails and I've abandoned it for a time…
- February 14, 2018 at 4:45 pm #329375
- February 15, 2018 at 1:57 am #329420
That is beautiful, Astoroth. The music makes me feel like the snow is dancing.
- February 15, 2018 at 1:38 pm #329452
Thanks :)! The music is from the YouTube video editor. I think it is very appropriate :).
- February 18, 2018 at 1:22 pm #329787
So Peaceful, most of the time it snows around here its accompanied by winds in excess of 30MPH and the snow is traveling horizontal, like it is outside my window right now.
- February 18, 2018 at 2:35 pm #329793
Haha, it sounds so beautiful as frightening. Here, in the city (not in mountain areas), we have much more sun than snow :). Snow is a rare event we like to capture with our cameras.
- February 18, 2018 at 6:34 pm #329821
- February 19, 2018 at 1:57 pm #329949
Poor! He seems an ice sculpture :p!
- February 26, 2018 at 7:40 pm #331070
Cute shot, Robert. Our kitty puts one foot in the snow and then looks at us as if to say, “when will this cold white stuff be gone?”
I discovered that if you keep the lens cap on while going in and out of the house, you reduce the “fog” factor!
Hope you are not too snowed in – starting to get a little “cabin fever” here for sure!
- March 2, 2018 at 4:13 pm #331526
Almost more snow than dog!
- February 26, 2018 at 7:43 pm #331071
- February 27, 2018 at 11:35 am #331144
Oops, are you having a long Winter? And the image looks like a scene from a 1940s movie. Love it Leanne 🙂
- March 2, 2018 at 1:13 pm #331514
Thanks Dahlia. Yes, it feels like a long winter…the snow is coming down today. The worst part is that it is +2 Celsius, so the snow instantly turns to mush. Can't even photograph it 🙁 I am looking forward to spring!
- March 2, 2018 at 5:17 pm #331534
Oops, I can imagine Leanne!
- March 2, 2018 at 4:08 pm #331524
Love this Leanne, it's really good seen large, great perspective!
- March 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm #331528
Nice One Leanne
- March 2, 2018 at 4:12 pm #331525
- March 2, 2018 at 5:19 pm #331535
Aw, poor birds Diane. They must be finding it a little bit too difficult to find their prey?
- March 2, 2018 at 4:52 pm #331529
Great Perspective Diane
- March 11, 2018 at 11:41 pm #332513
- March 12, 2018 at 3:43 pm #332644
Wow, that's like a huge block of ice in there, but the image has a warm feeling to it though, showing signs that Winter is almost over 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.