Sunset Storm Over the Laramie River Valley, a alternative edit.

Home Photography Forums Landscape Photography Sunset Storm Over the Laramie River Valley, a alternative edit.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anne Hornsby 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Robert Apple

I have this photo on in the shark tank as a minimalist sunset and got lots of good suggestions on it. Minimalism was forgotten almost immediately. After several different experiments I was messing with it on my tablet one night in Snapseed with the drama filter. Gave me an idea, I can run Snapseed on the laptop using blue stacks, so I did that and created a couple different pics using the drama filters, saved them then blended it all together with the original in layers in Photoshop.
    I liked the results and put it up on Instagram and Facebook, Got quite a positive reaction on Instagram and on Facebook it has gotten over 6500 likes in 24 hours.

Click for larger on Flikr.

Storm Over The Laramie River Valley

Tom M
    Participant

Excellent, what an improvement over your original, Robert…

Anne Hornsby
    Participant

It is great to see large in Flikr, Robert – the clouds look alive.    I don't know what blue stacks are,  but one thought is to desaturate the red hue a bit, and increase saturation a bit on the yellowish grey hues in the upper left.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.