What about EXIF?

Home Photography Forums General Photo Chit Chat What about EXIF?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Federico Alegria 1 month ago.

• Author

Federico Alegria
    Participant

I just read an interesting proposal by @reyers, in which he invites us to start sharing our EXIF information which every photo that we share here. Would you like this habit to happen? What are the benefits of having a visible EXIF information? Please share your thoughts with us. I'm asking because I don't care much about the EXIF information, but that is just my opinion and I want to hear yours as well!

Rob Eyers
    Participant

Just to clarify my comment which was made in the ST. I hadn't really intended to suggest every post should have EXIF info including camera and lens. I was really only referring to ST posts. Thinking back to when I first joined, all that info was very helpful. I can only assume that there are still members here that would too.

A recent posting in Chit Chat had asked about what lenses others where using. There was a reasonable response to that posting. Unless posted images are links to Flickr, that info just isn't available.

I for one would find it of interest to know what gear has been used in taking an exposure…especially lenses. It's only part of the image making process but it has importance unless you're a purist wack job that believes only pin hole cameras are real cameras.

Erik Fransman
    Participant

Limited Exif: Camera, Lens, Focal length, shutter speed and ISO.

For Shark Tank only.

Tom M
    Participant

Agree- would like to see EXIF data too…

JasenkaG
    Keymaster

I think it's a good idea to share EXIF in Shark Tank since it can help us give more adequate critique.

3pco
    Participant

Sometimes you just wanna see how a shot was taken or if it was cropped a lot. Helps you learn.

Tersha
    Keymaster

We always used to have Exif as mandatory in the Shark Tank, it's especially helpful to learners, it would be a good idea to have it back again.

Federico Alegria
    Participant

Awesome, let's make it happen again and newcomers will do it as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.